How do you avoid the weekend binge?

Options
Not every weekend but most I like to enjoy the weekend with friends to the early hours. Between the drinks and munchies involved I tend to undo an entire weeks worth of staying in the calorie deficit.

How do you keep in the black when you go out on the weekend?

Replies

• ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I try to eat before I go out so I'm not tempted to binge on fried food.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Pre-log my day in the mornings. I know what I'm having for breakfast, lunch & dinner. I make sure I eat dinner close to when I'll be going out so I'm not hungry. If I do get hungry while I'm out, I'll try to have something that's not fried- grilled chicken salad, burger w/o the bun & no cheese, etc.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm going to be drinking, I will skip breakfast, then eat just a couple hundred calories in the late morning, then about 400 in the late afternoon before going out, supplementing with lots of water. Then I simply avoid things like nacho cheese that are super high calories.
  • skelton82
    skelton82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had a blow out this weekend and ate take away drank wine (made a lemon meringue pie only to find no one in my house likes it but me... i forced my self to throw the half I didnt devour on my own away before everything went to hell in a pie dish!!!) but this morning have woken up feeling groggy and cranky so lesson learned lots of camomile and green tea, clean veggies, eggs and burn that fat back off my *kitten* with some mega work outs then all should be back on track.
    Truth be told I enjoyed myself and my weight loss is a work in progress so as long as I dont break too long from exercise and drink lots of water the odd couple of days every now and then are ok with me.
  • emelia_
    emelia_ Posts: 91
    Options
    I think I eat better when I log what I eat before I eat it, or RIGHT after so I know where I stand on calories/fat/sugars/etc. Also I think it helps to start off the weekends with exercise in the morning.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    drink enough so you throw up and dont want to eat for a couple of days* this is why i was 6.5 stone in my teenage years.

*do not actually do this
  • dwhitmoyer
    dwhitmoyer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a Medifast user but I tend to eat a larger breakfast (more protein)- slightly later in the day than my normal work day routine - so i'm not all that hungry until dinner time. Then I usually eat dinner earlier and leave a few calories for the glass of wine or two. My daughter's birthday was yesterday and she wanted a cheesecake - so of course, I made one. Made a full fat version, but I only had half a slice. I still lost half a pound. But I have had weekends where the two pounds I lost during the week came back. Then I start all over again on Monday.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    See if this article helps - http://robbwolf.com/2012/08/08/going-going-started-handful-chips/

For me personally I needa find something to do since my weekend binges usually happen due to boredom eating.
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy sleeping in, so it's hard to find the time to eat when I can sleep till noon!

heh. I have actually eat less on the weekend, but that's because I'm a shutterbug and I don't find myself out drinking (which would really get me). If I go out with friends it's usually something tame, like bowling or the movies or something, and I just bring my snacks and look up nutritional info if we are eating beforehand.
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not every weekend but most I like to enjoy the weekend with friends to the early hours. Between the drinks and munchies involved I tend to undo an entire weeks worth of staying in the calorie deficit.

How do you keep in the black when you go out on the weekend?

5:2 diet. Helps with the deficit and allows more room for weekend error. Not to mention the health benefits. check out the 5:2 documentary.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    By eating later in the day.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat more when I am tired, so I find an afternoon nap works wonders for the not over eating. Take a semi healthy snack with you, stash a small container of fruit, maybe a few nuts or rice crackers in your bag for so you don't get over hungry. Plan to do things away from food - even if its just sit in the back yard/ local park/ go for a swim - there isn't food in these places so you are less likely to blindly eat

Drink a ton of water before you go to bed - reduces the chances of waking up hung over (and needing some greasy food!)