Love and Success (in progress)

miadhail
miadhail Posts: 383 Member
Just about an hour ago, I was trying to get to sleep. Somehow, lately I just am not sleepy anytime before midnight and it doesn't help that my shoulder is currently bothering me (again! sigh!). Anyway, I looked over to my left and I see my fiance just sleeping. Suddenly I remembered a really sweet couple moment we had not too long ago. He was showing me pictures from his cell phone which dated from very recently to quite a long time ago (even up to the earlier points of our relationships). We would stumble upon pictures of the "old" (fatter) me, and before I could say anything, he would say, "so beautiful" each time.

I have never been self conscious (at least not in front of him) very earlier on in the relationship but every now and then I'd ask how he'd fall in love with such a big person. He held my hands and told me that he fell for who I am within. Of course, in my attempts to not cry at that point, I let out a laugh-snort. Lol. Oh wells.

He has always been so supportive of everything I do, and especially my weight loss journey. In fact, I don't set any deadline for my losses because he sincerely sees me as beautiful. He did say that he loves how I am much happier now in my own skin

before_zps98a70e92.jpg
These pictures were taken a year or so before I embarked on my weight loss journey. Read about what pushed me to begin this awesome journey here ---> http://mfpmiadhail.blogspot.ca/2012/11/how-it-all-began-and-my-progress-since.html

After_zps12cbe5d2.jpg
These are some recent pictures (taken sometime early June 2013) -- and I have since lost more since then!! :)

I am so in love with him, and I hope as you read this, you take a mini break and hug/kiss/smooch your greatest supporter right now
Come on do it!

Last sweet couple pictures of us..

couple_zps22d348ae.jpg

I am doing this weight loss for myself, but boy is the journey a lot sweeter with such a dedicated supporter. My tummy's filled with butterflies right now and I can't stop smiling.

And speaking of supporters, I would like to thank every single one of my dear MFP friends who have been with me from the beginning, the middle, and recently, for all your support, each of you are my motivation and I am so grateful for all of you :)

I still have quite a ways more to go and I can't wait to move on to July!!! hehe

P.S. HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

xoxo

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Awwww, what a sweet and loving thing for him to say. He obviously loves you very much...best wishes to you as a couple!
  • Have a juicy July everyone :)
  • MayKu12
    MayKu12 Posts: 15 Member
    Well done, you look so beautiful
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Your fiancé is true. You were and are beautiful. You are lucky to have such a strong support system. Touchwood! Sadly, I've no such support from anyone. So I've to be my own supporter.
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    I love your story! Everyone deserves to have someone as special and in love with them as your man is with you! Keep it up girl! <3
  • miadhail
    Aww, thanks for your kind words everyone :)
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Great job!!
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Yours is now my favourite MFP story!

And it's so lovely that you care for and appreciate each other in this way.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    what a sweet, inspiring post.

you guys look great together. :)
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Congratulations on your incredible weight loss!!!
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Love...it does a body good! You look fantastic and sounds like you have a great guy there!
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    That is so very sweet and I feel the same way about my boyfriend, he is so supportive and met me at my heaviest which was over 200 lbs and has helped keep me motivated to continue to lose the weight. He is concern that I am not only on high blood pressure medicine but was at one point border line diabetic...fortunately I am losing weight and feeling really good....take care and thanks for the success story:)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Congratulations on your awesome transformation!! :)
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    You...are a bang...superb...superb...success..>Great job babes...love ya..Your fiancee must be very happy man...
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Your fiancé is true. You were and are beautiful. You are lucky to have such a strong support system. Touchwood! Sadly, I've no such support from anyone. So I've to be my own supporter.

That's where we come in, Hon!!
  • miadhail

That's where we come in, Hon!!

Definitely! My MFP friends list, and all these forum topics (even the entertaining ones) keep really motivated and are such a great source of awesome support !! :)
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!