Favorite workout videos/instructors

Options
I personally, LOVE watching charliejames on youtube. She kicks your butt into shape, has a cute accent and is very inventive. She has something new on a multi-weekly basis. IF that makes any sense. Anyway, looking at her makes me miss looking like that. That's all the push that I need. She also has a web site called http://www.BodyRock.Tv Amazing! hopefully I will get back into shape like that again. (the way she looks is what working at Fed-Ex Ground does to you after a year). Come On' Everybody, tell me who you like to watch/work out with!

Replies

• balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I love doing Zuzana's workouts too! There's always something new and are always challenging!
  • cmacp
    cmacp Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My heavens... what a body! Anyway, I have been recommended Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd... I have yet to do it, but it arrived today and I have previewed a few minutes of it, and it looks pretty good!

Thankis for sharing, will definately keep checking out everyone's recommendations. So far on this forum I have learnt a bit about crossfit and px90 (or something to that effect)... there is so much out there!
  • jbisme
    jbisme Posts: 16
    Options
    My favorite Video is Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone. She has a large selection to choose from. The one I use daily is the 2 mile brisk walk. You also use the stretchie band for an upper body workout. I feel very energized afterwards. Great way to start the day.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love Billy Blanks - I cant do Tae Bo anymore (stupid knees!) but I have always liked him best - he has a warm personality :smile:
  • Oniyx
    Oniyx Posts: 15
    Options
    I love doing Zuzana's workouts too! There's always something new and are always challenging!
    She's amazing. I like to follow up her workouts with jumping rope for a while. Haven't done that for a while though. Shame on me. But it's because I needed a new jump rope, which I got last night! I'm going to get some ankle weights too. Probably only 5-10lb ones but that's all you need! :smile:
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    I LOVE jillian michaels! She kicks your butt and you feel super worked out after only 30 minuntes :)
  • sherrywoody1
    Options
    I too love Jillian M. 30 Day Shred. That woman is wicked but she gets results....
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I adore Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series-she's perky and bubbly, warm and engaging, and ALWAYS encourages you to push harder but reminds you if you can't do it, to go back to walking, because that's what the workout is all about! I own several of her DVDs and have found her's to be the most effective and have found her to be the least annoying (I can't stand Denise Austin!!)
    I also really enjoy bodywisdom media's Yoga for Athlete's DVD-it has 12 sports, and under each sport it has 16 different workouts ranging from 20 to 60 minutes! I love that you don't go from the mountains to the beach and all that crap-it's a person doing the poses on a mat in a studio and a woman narrating-SIMPLE. :wink:
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Well, I have MANY favorites since I own well over 100 workout dvds!! :love:

I LOVE my P90X/P90X+.
    I like Kelly Coffey Myer's 30 Minutes To Fitness series. Great short workouts w/great premixes for longer workouts.
    I like Jari Love for high rep/low weight stuff.
    I like SHaun T's Insanity for a full-blown crazy cardio challenge.
    I like Lauren Brooks & Anthony D at Art of Strength for kettlebell stuff.
    I like all 4 of Bob Harper's new Inside Out Method dvds...even the yoga.
    I like Rodney Yee, Baron Baptiste & Eoin Finn for yoga.
    I like Julianne Hough & Jennifer Garaldi (spelling?) for dance workouts.
    I like Seasun the best for step aerobics.
    I like Patrick Goudeau Hard Work Conditioning series for functional strength/cardio mix.
    I like Beachbody's Brazil Butt Lift High & Tight workout for butt work.
    I'm sure I'm missing someone!!

But overall, if I could only have 1 instructor's workouts it would be Cathe Friedrich. She puts out a variety of different workout styles from bootcamp, heavy weight strenth work, low weight/high rep work, cardio, step aerobics, kickboxing, interval & circuit work....all at an advanced level (except some of the more recent Shock Cardios) w/an athletic style that even my hubby will do. (But she doesn't do yoga, kettlebells or dance & I would really miss those!!)
  • yummygoods
    yummygoods Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I haven't done videos for a while but I just bought Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred and did my first workout with her today. Loved it!

For pilates I have used Ana Caban's and she is great.

~melissa
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am totally in love with Turbo kick. I teach aerobics classes and I am thinking my next certification should be in turbo kick! I am waiting on the turbo jam dvd's I ordered (supposed to be the at home workout version) can't wait to see if it is just as fun. Might not be as fun without the group x class environment, anyhow if anyone has access to a gym that offers turbo kick I suggest giving it a try. It takes some time to catch on to the moves but its a great cardio work out if you get into the movement and stick with it!
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just recommended my favorite Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds, it is easy, quick and she can do it in her living room with very little expensive (buying the DVD's).
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I haven't done videos for a while but I just bought Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred and did my first workout with her today. Loved it!

~melissa

See...I knew I would forget someone!! You're so right, Ana is great for pilates!!
  • Oniyx
    Oniyx Posts: 15
    Options

~melissa

See...I knew I would forget someone!! You're so right, Ana is great for pilates!!

So now, i just ordered Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.