I know that I am new at this but I am so frustrated

Options
I have been doing this for a few weeks and I lost 7 pounds and then gained 1 and now the scale is not moving at all. I am following my diet to the T. I am 5'1" and 154. I work in a call center and I have two young kids. I really want to do this for myself. I exercise when I can, which isn't often enough for my liking. MFP has me set a 1200 calories. I have trouble eating enough calories when the day is over and I find myself with 400 to eat at the end of day. I really need some motivation and support to help me to get this right. I really don't want to fall off of the wagon.

Replies

• cdlawson1112
    cdlawson1112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could consider a protein shake once a day in the middle of the day to get closer to the calorie goal the day. Protein shakes are a great source of protein and vitamins after any type of cardio exercise to help recover. Lots of sources and reasons to being on a plateau right now. Consider going to Dr. Oz website and look up 3 day detox drinks. I tried the drinks and moved 7 more pounds lost after plateau. Your system may just need the clean boost to get going again, doing something that isn't in your comfort zone can prove to give great results.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    For exercise, take the kids to the park or playground and play with them. You'll increase your own fitness, and help them with habits that will last a lifetime. Experiment with exercise DVD's that get a workout done in 20 minutes or so - Jillian Michaels has a ton of them. On days where I feel time-pressed, I could either go on Facebook or get a DVD done. 9 times out of 10 I get the DVD.

For eats, pack a cooler full of snacks and mini meals so that you are getting the nutrition in. It's not just about calories - it's about getting vitamins, minerals, protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs in. I noticed a big difference in my weight loss efforts when I cut out processed foods, even ones that were low calorie overall (my ticker isn't accurate, my highest weight ever was 245 lbs, and I'm currently 164.)

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. If you don't like water, learn to drink it. It shouldn't take more than a few weeks to change that habit. Drinking water helps your body process the food you eat, and helps your body's natural cleansing systems.

The fact that you've shown an overall 6lb loss over 'a few weeks' tells me that what you're doing is working. Make a few simple tweaks, and you'll be well on your way. Finally, bodies often don't lose weight evenly week by week. It's over time that you can expect results. I've plateaued for months at a time!
  • Warcraftmommie
    Warcraftmommie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I work in a callcenter also, so add me to your friends list if you like. We can motivate each other. I just joined this webiste last week, and I've made a personal commitment to bring my sneakers to work and go on walks on my lunch/breaks. Even if it's just in the building when it rains, just get up and move. Sitting in one spot for too long makes me feel sluggish and tired. Maybe try taking some fresh fruits/cut up veggies so you can snack away at your desk in between activities?

Add me and we can chat more?
  • Karenlcollins06
    Options
    Hang in there!! You can do it!! First I'm no expert only expert in the roller coaster diets. If you don't have enough calories through the day, you will put your body in starvation mode which means no weigh loss , just weight gain. Been there. The key for me is to prepare my meals on Sunday and freeze them. I cook 6-8 chicken breasts then freeze. Grab and Go for the work week.

Working in a call center may be tough. Can you have snack foods at your desk or take periodic breaks? I sit all day myself, I don't have kids so I can not relate only through by friends who do.

I need a menu: I pre plan. here's a typical menu for me:
    Breakfast: On the way to work in the car, I have breakfast: small apple, slice of 45cal toast with almond butter.
    Snack: 10am: pineapple, cottage cheese,
    Lunch: noon (more like one most times) Chicken or fish, 2-3cups romaine or mixed greens, sm. tomato
    Snack: pop chips, cottage cheese
    Dinner: Chicken or fish steamed broccoli

I recently started Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 workout and menu. I'm on day 5 of week 1. I work out starting 5:15-5:30am. It's tough getting out of the bed, but once I completed the work out I'm glad I did it. My work out is in so my day is free for what ever comes up. With kids, you never know. right?

Hope this helps. Take Care. You can do it. Keep at it.
  • phoenix7039
    Options
    I'm a call center girl as well! I have to pack my lunch and any snacks to eat every day and have to make sure sure I eat the snacks whenever I have a break. I sent a friend request