Challenge yourself July -- Join Me

Options
I have decided for the month of July to challenge myself to be uncomfortable. That means for the next 31 days I am going to work on 2 areas that I am uncomfortable with. Push myself to work these areas of my life that I don't do well in. Because even though I am losing weight there are places in my weight loss an life that I just don't do...because it makes me uncomfortable.

So for July I am challenging myself to do two things:
1. Work out with weights on my abs and arms.
2. Apply for 20 jobs.

Doing the weights will help with the weight loss.
Looking for the new job will get me out of a job I hate.

Replies

• AlisonTheNerd
    AlisonTheNerd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think this is great! I'm trying something similar.

This month I want to increase the health of my heart. This is uncomfortable for me because I have a minor (non-life threatening) heart condition, so to improve my heart I need to push myself which will cause me discomfort/pain. I do plan on doing this very carefully, but it's a little scary.

We can do this!
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you are joining me. Yes don't hurt yourself but I think that is a great challenge. Improving our health is always a good thing.
  • toothfairy2717
    Options
    I'd like to join you, ladies! =) I've started working a little on strength training but need to do more. I started with my 2nd most "uncomfortable" area...my arms...and need to start on my least favorite, my stomach. We got this! =)
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    How are we doing today? Was not able to get to the gym today. But I sure will be there the next two days.

Going to weigh myself tomorrow and then not for the rest of the month. I am getting a little upset over sticking with the same 2 pounds up or down. So going to give the scale a break and just do what I should be doing.

Tooth: What are you doing to build up those arms??
  • toothfairy2717
    Options
    Ughh! I'm thinking about ditching the scale too! =) I've gone up 2 pounds in the last week and I know part of it is water retention since my rings are tight and are usually really loose, but still! haha

I'm using resistance bands. Originally my focus was triceps because I had the lovely "bingo wings" as we refer to them =) I've always had pretty strong biceps so I was trying to avoid those but my arms are looking pretty good and people have noticed, wahoo! I do the tricep extension (hold onto the band with the opposite arm behind your back and just extend your arm), also not sure what they are called (found it on pinterest) but the other is you stand on the band and hold onto the handles with both arms and just pull straight up in front of you (like walking like a zombie?!?!), and finally put both arms straight over head and pull down straight so you look like a T.....hopefully you get the visual =)) Anywho, I do 3 sets of 12 on each, alternating so I can do it quick. It takes about 10 minutes and I've been doing it everyday mon-fri (on my quick lunch "break".) I know they say you should rest muscles in between but mine aren't tired the next day so I just keep doing it....

What are you doing for your abs? I started doing the reverse crunch I think its called where you lay flat and raise and lower your legs all the way up and down (with your legs together) I can do one set of 8 without stopping, the second sets takes me a bit!

Alison how are you doing??