365 days on MFP (w/pics!)

Options
Weebs628
Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
A close friend of mine found success using My Fitness Pal to count calories.
“Eat whatever you want! Just stay within you calorie goal.” She said.
I thought, “what the hell” and decided to give it a try.
I had zero expectations. I didn't think there was a problem with my weight or eating habits, even though a typical lunch for me would consist of 2 Big Macs, a large fry and soda at McDonalds. I told myself that it was genetic. Yes, a fat gene - I know. I saw a photo of my great, great, great grandmother and she was overweight and built just like the majority of the women in my family and me.
Anyway, calorie counting was an eye-opening experience for me. I was eating more calories in one meal then, than I do all day now. I was surprised I didn't weigh more.
A little over a month later, the same friend posted on facebook that she was running a 5k on base and asked if anyone wanted to join her. Again, “what the hell” came to mind; even though I had never run more than a mile in my life. People thought I was crazy. I thought I was crazy. I had 2 weeks to train.
I finished the 5k in 45 minutes. My husband and his friend ran the last stretch with us. Everyone was so proud of me.
Pride.
Something I had been missing. I also missed the fact that I had an amazing body that could still do amazing things despite all the crap I had been feeding it.
I felt like puking after crossing the finish line. Now I knew what the people on The Biggest Loser felt like when they worked out so hard they got sick. I wanted to die. I said, “I will never do this again!! People who run are crazy!”
(I'm running my 3rd 5k this August...)
So, I kept riding the cardio wave, running, ballet, zumba, spinning, etc. Once I reached the 30 pounds lost mark, my weight loss started to slow down. I was the same size I was when I was 17, but I wasn't happy with my body composition.

I started lifting weights. I took 3 months to get familiar with the weights in the gym with the help of a friend. I started Stronglifts 5x5 in April, but it's interfering with my dancing so I'm working on creating a new strength training routine.

Speaking of dancing... at 26 years old, I got my first pair of pointe shoes and will be dancing en pointe next year...

2m60bps.jpg

I still have a long way to go, more changes to make, but I'm hoping to inspire people, especially those who think that they're "meant" to be big and that it's genetic. It's not. You have the ability to change! On to the good stuff...

Starting Weight – July 1, 2012 – 169
Waist at Navel: 42”
Hips: 42”
Bust: 42”
Bicep: 11.5”
Thigh: 25.5”
Underbust: 34”
Size: 15 (in juniors)

Now - 131 pounds (-38 pounds)
Waist at Navel: 35” (-7 inches)
Hips: 38.25” (-3.75 inches)
Bust: 35.25” (-6.75 inches)
Bicep: 10.25” (-1.25 inches)
Thigh: 22.5” (-3 inches)
Underbust: 29.25” (-4.75 inches)
Size: 7 (in juniors)
Current BF%: 23-24%

May 2012:
zlyptz.jpg

July 1, 2012:
f3ulhf.jpg

dfk7xg.jpg

Latest Progress Pictures:
2e4k7qs.jpg

33kxd6o.jpg

10e4g0l.jpg

Replies

• nrz242
    nrz242 Posts: 76
    Options
    WOW! Thank you for the inspiration
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! Super awesome about the dance shoes!
  • sarahevenstar
    sarahevenstar Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was destined to be fat too and am still hoping to prove myself wrong.

You look amazing! You inspire my inner ballerina. =) Great work! I look forward to following the next part of your transformation.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your dedication and success!! Great results!
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    wow wow wow!!! you look great and its amazing that you really can do anything if you put your mind to it!! Congrats with your success
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Love your story :) You look absolutely amazing!!! Proud to have you on my FL :flowerforyou:
  • Nijm
    Nijm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thats AWESOME....YOUR WINNING!
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, Weebs... You look so good! :D And girl YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE GOING EN POINTE AHH POINTE BUDDIES
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Weebs you rock - love your work!! You look fantastic!! I feel so proud for you :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    What beautiful story of your journey and how you got to this point! You look freaking amazing...and keep going sounds like that mental limitation is gone now you are confident and it shows! Congrats
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am real close to ur starting weight. Thanks for the inspiration that this can be done. I hope I can do it too.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!! Thanks for sharing!
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's just amazing what 7 inches can do to someone, huh? It didn't seem like much...

Anyway, I am pretty much in the same boat right now (a little heavier, but my sizes are the same as yours(when you first started), I knew I had muscle before, so that's probably where the extra lbs are coming from).

I am 177(started from 187), aiming for 115lb, but I am lifting weights, so I doubt I will honestly get there. I am 4'9, big boned, big hipped... and big everything else you can get (I build muscle up real well too).

CONGRATULATIONS! Very well done, you are an inspiration to me because you started practically where I did. And you look FINE at where you are now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!