Mum of 4 - any sahm's about?

Options
HI All,

Today is the day! (heard every Monday for the last few years.....) sound familiar?

Day one today, I am determined to lose weight so I can keep up with my kiddies!

I have 4 children aged 5,3,2 and 8 months, so im very busy but want to lose weight.

Any stay at home mums about?

We can try and help eachother

Laura x

Replies

• tazsue86
    tazsue86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,

Im a sahm too ive got 3 kids. a 5.5, 3.5 and 2 year old. Im always happy to meet and help encourage others :)
  • Deb_kar
    Deb_kar Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm a sahm to 3, and been going at this mid since January, please feel free to add me.
    My children are 7, 5 and almost 2. And quite the handful :)
  • Mfpinox
    Mfpinox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too!

I have three children 9, 6 and 4 and I'm still carrying my baby weight!

I'm 37 and my weight is creeping up and I find that I now can't catch my 9 yr old when running and I dread having to go swimming with my wobbly thighs!

I'm 5'7 and weigh 77kg and would like to get down to 65kg

I'm doing 30 day shred
    C25k
    A bit of waterrower
    And calorie counting with MFP

Have cut back on my alcohol too

X
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a stay at mummy of 2, a 3yr old and 4 month old. I struggle to get any exercise in as have the kiddies to look after but hoping to lose weight by diet and running around after the kids. Anyone feel free to add me too :-) we can encourage each other
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello other SAHM moms!!! I am a SAHM of 2 kiddos, 4yr and an almost 6yr old!! I live this site! It has helped me lose almost all the baby weight! Feel free to add me for motivation!!!
  • giantshadow
    Options
    Very familiar!
    I have a daughter who's 2.5 and a son who just turned 4. My husband's away a lot so it can be lonely and easy to over-indulge, making it a bit of a challenge to avoid naughty foods and get out to exercise, etc.
    It would be great to chat to others who are facing the same obstacles and can hold me accountable. : )

Laura
  • LauraT81
    LauraT81 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi all!

I think I have added you all now, I hope we can try and encourage each other, id like to lose 13lbs first, that's my first goal, I have a lot to lose. About 2.5 stone would be nice!
    Maybe we can pass on tips too?

My first tip, it does work, just i'v not started it properly yet...but eat a sugar free chewing gum around the kiddies tea time, if your not eating together, it stops you eating the leftovers!

Laura xx
  • Ridgemom53
    Ridgemom53 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi. I am also a stay at home mom of a 7 year old and a 4 year old. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to a 4 year old daughter. Anyone can feel free to add me. I started June 10th and still going strong. I've got about 70 lbs to lose, but DH said that if I can get down to 155 we can try for a 2nd baby. So my motivation is chugging right along, lol!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Me! Six kids; 21, 19, 10, 8, 6, and 3. :)

ETA- Anyone can add me if they want. :)
  • justoutaluck
    justoutaluck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im a sahm too! :) I have a nearly 11 (july 3) step son and 2 1/2 year old twins. Seems like my friends are disappearing and so is my motivation. :( trying to find exercise in everything we do but seems so hard when we seem to have bbqs almost every weekend. Anyone feel free to add me!! :)
  • autumn26
    autumn26 Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi! Stay at home mom of 2 beautiful girls. 2.5 and 3 weeks. Have tons of baby weight to lose. Add me if you like!! :)
  • Mfpinox
    Mfpinox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to limit my intake of fizzy drinks so at the moment if I have a hunger/sugar craving I have a 500ml glass of sugar free squash with ice which really helps.

I have also order my weekly food shop on line to be delivered tomorrow and my children are going to be very disappointed at the lack of sweets/biscuits/ice cream!....we are rural so can't grab something if tempted.

No alcohol tonight :( ...only joking!
  • MJLA71
    MJLA71 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello,

I am a SAHM mother of three - 9, 7, and 20 months.

Am finding it hard to lose weight this time and am at my heaviest weight ever 13 stone (ugh).

I have around two stone to lose.
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm a SAHM, only one child right now, under 2. :D