Still feeling it.

Options
I'm holding on to 11 lbs of water weight from my carb reset on Friday. My body is sluggish and my points are aching. I got back to normal dieting and exercise yesterday. I have pushed lots of water and fiber to try and flush it out. How long doesn't it usually take you to get back to normal? This was my first cheat day in two months.

Replies

• 2113PrayForUsAll
    Options
    I hate water weight!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've had it take anywhere from 2 days to nearly a week before the water weight goes back to normal. It all depends on what else is going on. Between PMS, humidity and a couple high sodium days last week, I was up 3-4 pounds all week long. Finally this morning I'm back down to normal on the scale but still think I was holiding on to at least a half pound of water weight as I felt bloated. As long as I keep my diet fairly clean today, I'm thinking tomorrow will be a better weigh in day.

I'm not too knowledgeable about the whole carb cycling thing but it doesn't sound very healthy to me if a "reset" makes you feel so crappy. FYI, achy joints can be a sign of a food (gluten, dairy) intolerance so you might want to tweak your reset a bit next time to see if avoiding one or both of these may avoid those aches and pains.