Are you more awesome than you were yesterday?

Options
2»

Replies

• 2013_a_new_me
    Options
    So love this! I am making the month of July a bad habit free month ;)
  • FedoraNinja
    Options
    At some point when you have achieved awesomeness, it is pretty difficult to keep raising the bar, particularly every day.
    Happy to continue to pursue excellence but can't commit to increasing awesome every day going forward and be disappointed about not accomplishing a pretty good standard. If I misunderstood your idea, sorry about that.

Critical Awesome Density... achieved?

So, there's a very specific reason I picked the word awesome: it's a bastardized word, open to interpretation. Every single person has a different definition of the word, an ideal to which they'd like to live up to:

Living a clean, fit life is awesome.
    Buying a motorcycle and touring Europe is awesome.
    Loving and supporting your family is awesome.
    Mastering writing, painting, dancing, programming or any creative art is awesome.

I agree with you that most times the road to becoming a better person is paved by itty-bitty-teeny-tiny successes. Someone seeking to advance leaps and bounds every single day is ultimately destined to failure, because learning or training is never a linear progression.

I'd call it the endless pursuit of perfection, but that's an awful scary phrase. So that, in essence, is why I'm asking myself and others if they're more awesome than they were yesterday. It's about always trying to take a step forward, no matter how small.

So... have you taken another step towards your big life goals today?
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's possible to be more awesome today than I was yesterday. Seriously, yesterday is pretty hard to top... :wink:

Feel free to add me!! And here's a flower for you... :flowerforyou:
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You are uber-awesome.

I made myself more awesome today by starting week 6 of the Zombie 5k training app in the morning and then going out and shooting (photography) with my brother in the afternoon. I am trying to get back into photography. So, I guess it was a double-whammy of awesomeness for me today. Not sure how I am going to top today tomorrow but I am sure it involves coffee.

ETA: Please feel free to add me if you want. One can never have enough awesome awesomeness around.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    There is no limit to awesome! I'd probably even be awesomer if I took the bit about being more awesome every day from the bottom of my profile blurb and put it near the top. But to answer your question - yes I am already more awesome today than I was yesterday but it's work related and I don't put that on here. But never fear, I'll be even more awesome later when I get to the gym after work :D
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Another games person here; have designed a few, QA-ed loads, released a few of my own iOS Apps... but mainly do editing, and occasionally, a little production work here and there (freelance).
    Yesterday I taught my niece how to play Carcassonne.
    Carcassone is a very awesome game. Kudos on spreading the board game love to the next generation.

Agreed! I love Carcassonne - both the board and videogame (the iPad version is particularly useful while waiting to board 'planes, and waiting for food in restaurants!). I just wish Hunters and Gatherers was digitally available - it's my favourite version!

I am definitely more awesome today than yesterday (when I got back on track with my food diary): today I got over my fear of the dreadmill - although, admittedly, I haven't mastered it yet... I cling on for dear life! But here in Thailand, it's too hot to run outside once it gets past 6am-ish, and besides, it's too dangerous to run along the road (not just traffic but loads of potholes, low-hanging partially-naked electricity cables etc.). On Friday we moved into a condo with its own gym and pool, so today, I bit the bullet and ventured in, and ran on the treadmill.... much faster than I run outside... which half-killed me! :bigsmile: I haven't run for a couple of months, since I was living in India, so it almost feels like I am starting from scratch... but that's OK, in a week or so, it won't hurt so much!

Tomorrow I shall be even more awesome!
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Agreed! I love Carcassonne - both the board and videogame (the iPad version is particularly useful while waiting to board 'planes, and waiting for food in restaurants!). I just wish Hunters and Gatherers was digitally available - it's my favourite version!

I just played a new version the other day, Discovery, I think. It was fun, a bit more stratagy involved. I do not own the iOS version, I keep waiting for it go on sale. If H&G came out, I think I would give in...