Here I go!

Options
I have been trying to lose weight for some time, but having been tracking my food intake. I am really looking forward to using this tool to keep me in line. Also hope to increase my exercise level, but one new habit at a time!

Replies

• pamebn2
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight for some time, but having been tracking my food intake. I am really looking forward to using this tool to keep me in line. Also hope to increase my exercise level, but one new habit at a time!
  • breadaddict
    breadaddict Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and welcome! :) I started myself just yesterday and am determined to stay on track. There is something really empowering about taking your life into your hands and no longer being overpowered by your emotions or whatever drives your need to eat. I highly encourage you to exercise - i personally am an exercise junky. One word of advice though - find something you love to do (whether group sports like volleyball or classes like step or walking outside with a friend) and you will very likely stick with it!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    welcome
  • armybratt38
    Options
    the best way to lose the weight. IS to keep track of what you eat and what exercises you do,
    So IF you fall off track , all you have to do is look back at your progress, and get back on track.
    Another good thing is to take a photo in a 2 piece bathing suit or undergarment/ sportsbra at the start of your journey. YOu can then look back at it in lets say 4 weeks to see the difference. And keep it somewhere only you can see it. Trust me this works. I did this way back when I first wanted to start losing the weight (165lbs,on a 5'2" frame). It is not a good photo, but I feel so much better now .
    So have fun!
    Karen.:smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • oldandbroke
    Options
    Use the calorie counter to pre plan your holiday meals. It will really help keep you on track. Just remember to be honest and count everything. Slow and steady is the way to go.
  • pamebn2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I made it through yesterday within my calorie limits!! One day at a time! Now to get in some exercise. I think I'll take my grandson for a long walk this afternoon.