Gained 2.2 pounds over night?

Options
Hi, my recent weight on sunday morning was 280.9. And sunday is the only day I allow myself to cheat, so I was at a friends house and we ordered pizza. I had 6 slices and half a 16oz of regular pepsi. I believe I over did it. And I just weighed myself this morning and my weight is now at 283.1. Can somebody please explain why my weight is still at 283.1 because that was literally all I had to eat that day and it was around 8:30 pm. The calorie intake doesn't add up. I'm curious on how I gained 2.2 pounds. Thank you! :)

Replies

• Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    sodium can make you retain water and weigh in higher.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It probably is not real weight gain but possibly water retention. The high sodium in your pizza is my guess. It will even out over the next few days. Don't worry!
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    S..O..D..I..U..M Pizza is loaded with it.
  • dotamy
    dotamy Posts: 16
    Options
    Fast answer - salt binge. Salt makes you retain water, water adds water weight.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    salt in pizza
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If I had to guess, I'd say the sodium in the pizza caused your body to retain some fluid, and by tomorrow it'll be gone.

A LB is roughly equivalent to 3500 calories. Even six pieces of pizza don't have SEVEN THOUSAND calories.

Drink lots of water, eat sensibly and tomorrow should be better :)
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's most likely just water weight from your cheat meal. The combination of that plus not eating all day didn't help either. Even if you plan to have a cheat meal, be sure to fuel your body properly throughout the day.
  • WinterGirl_92
    WinterGirl_92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    high sodium levels in food will do that, besides weight tends to fluctuate a lot
  • ham04
    ham04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Probably water weight from the carbonated beverage and sodium from the pizza.
  • GADavies
    GADavies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Water retention due to the insane amount of sodium in the pizza.
  • dentedcan
    dentedcan Posts: 29
    Options
    It's pretty simple. You consumed a large amount of the two things that will cause the most fluid retention - sodium, and carbohydrates. Prior to that, you probably had them well in check, and your water retention was minimal. I suspect if you went back to moderate sodium/carb intake, you would see the number fall over the next couple days.

Edit: Wow look the number of responses you got in the period of about 1 minute!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You probably did not gain 2.2 lbs. Its just water retention from the carbs probably and when you eat carbs, especially if you are not eating alot of them now, your body holds water with all the carbs. Or. ... TMI, but bladder/bowel emptying... might still be sitting in there and you have the extra weight on the scale. Give it a few days and it should balance out. But allowing yourself to "cheat" as you put it, is just a way to get back to where you were after you hit your goals. Change your mindset and you will be more successful. Hence, eat 2 pieces and water... rather than total deprivation.. and you will be more satisfied with the results.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    LOL>.4 posts in the time it took me to type

Darn slow fingers :)

At least we all agree !
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    heheheh the weight is you plus yesterday food and drinks.... weight yourself after toilet !!!?!!!!
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    definitely some water weight. Especially with pizza... lots of sodium involved. But 6 slices is quite substantial especially if its a large pizza. Work a little harder on your exercise routine this week and eat clean! You will be fine :)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    S..O..D..I..U..M Pizza is loaded with it.
  • joelguerra93
    joelguerra93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    PHEW, thank you guys so much for the very fast replies! I was feeling so upset when I saw my weight. I'm gonna keep pushing though :happy: thanks again! :D
  • karen4ever
    karen4ever Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Before I clicked on this I thought to myself, Did you have pizza by any chance, and to my surprise you did lol. :-)
    This also happened to me last week even though I was within calories.
    it will even out throughout the week I'm sure :-)
  • katy_ziats
    katy_ziats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sodium, and our bodies normally alter plus or minus 5 poubnds so I wouldnt worry too much..
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    definitely some water weight. Especially with pizza... lots of sodium involved. But 6 slices is quite substantial especially if its a large pizza. Work a little harder on your exercise routine this week and eat clean! You will be fine :)

Finally someone who didnt piggy back off of someone else...I hate forum because everyone always says the same crap...Just to add in their 2 cents....I know it was a cheat but 6 slices is alot...thats over 1000 calories and probably 2500mg or sodium if that low....Just cheat smart...make your own pizza!

Lol funny as I wrote this there was a Domino's 2/$5.99 advert flickering on my screen