The Mental and Physical Health Challenge- MFP Edition

Options

Replies

• Mitchellcm
    Mitchellcm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm not sure if there's still to but of there is I'd be very interested. I'm in need of a good challenge. I'd gladly give you more personal information if I'm chosen for the challenge. I'd not good luck to all the participants! You can do it!
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    I only need to lose a couple of lbs but mentally I could use some help.
  • Jasaisha
    Jasaisha Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I would love to be in this challenge!
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I think you already have 19 but if not, I would love to do this!!!!
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in the challenge if there's a spot open. If not, good luck to all and hope to make the next one. :)
  • DrSelenaMyers
    DrSelenaMyers Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Challenge Closed!!!!! I received more than 19 responses which is really good. However, I only need 1 more person to participate for a total of 24 participants. I won't this to be a Challenge/Group that I'll be able to monitor.
  • rramirez1272
    rramirez1272 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    Challenge Closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    Hello everyone, I created the group for the challenge. Check your messages as I have sent out invitations inviting you to join the group. However, AnJuINZ and lovelycatbone, I sent you guys private messages telling you to join the group as for some reason my invitation was not sent to you both due to message stating "invalid username".

I will need for everyone to join the group no later than Friday, July 5th, 2013 by 6 pm CST.

Teams for the challenge are as followed:

DrSelenaMyers & nelsaphine

jyneefur & yokleigh

dawn_westbury & Whipppets

nrz242 & bexalicous

AnJuINZ & lovelycatbone

tropicalgirl3 & rbealynnh

Rho_Ro & pnotyap

Mitchellcm & Lennonluv2

Kelso2628 & EatRunBreathe

LilyGoncalves & _Tara_R

127saz & Stephanieb72

rramirez1272 & mya_bella
  • lovelycatbones
    lovelycatbones Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Selena, you couldn't send me a message because my username is lovelycatbones, with an s at the end. Sorry for not telling you, I thought you could see that ^^
  • tropicalgirl34
    tropicalgirl34 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did not receive an invite to join the group. My username is tropicalgirl34. I don't know why the 4 did not show up.
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    The Mental and Physical Health Challenge- MFP Edition

Challenge Rules/Expectations

1. “HAVE FUN”, Eat healthy, and exercise!!!!!!!

2. The first weigh in will be on Friday, 07/05/2013, everyone will need to post their current weight in the group forum for this challenge no later than 6 pm CST.

3. The final weigh in will be on 10/04/2013 no later than 6 pm CST.

4. Weigh-in’s will occur every FRIDAY, everyone will need to post their weight in the group forum for this challenge no later than 6 pm CST every Friday.

5. You will be disqualified from the challenge if you miss 2 weekly weigh ins. Your partner will be encouraged to complete the challenge.

6. Weekly winners will be determined by overall percentage of weight loss as a team (percentage calculator from www.fitwatch.com) will be used for this challenge.

7. In the event of weight gain, you and your teammate should decide on a course of action to prevent future weight gain.

8. Your encouraged to get to know your teammate to a level that is comfortable for the both of you.

9. Current photos are optional for before/after photos.

10. Strive to not be the “Weakest Link” on your team, give it your all every single day!!!!!!

11. Because we are not able to see each other on the scales, HONESTY will play a huge factor in this challenge. After all what do we all have to gain if we are not honest with ourselves and others? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!

12. Weekly Winners will be posted on Mondays following the Friday weigh-ins.

13. Weekly Winners will be posted on MFP. Winners will be encouraged to post something regarding their success, to help motivate everyone.

*****Don’t be ashamed or afraid to post your weight in the group forum!! You have to own it until you do something to change it!!!!!!*****
  • KatC_88
    KatC_88 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I would love too! Is there room still left?!
  • ljdborton
    ljdborton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If anyone happens to drop before you start or even closely after please let me in:)!!!! this looks SO awesome!!!!!!!
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    @katheryn_chit and ljdborton, I have already started a list for potential individuals to add to the challenge in the event someone doesn't fall through. The 2 of you have been placed on the list. Thanks, stay encouraged and motivated!!!
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Received: July 01, 2013 5:29 am
    Subject: Re: i'm interested
    good morning, thank you for your interest in this challenge. Your In!! Could you please copy and paste this message in response to my main post or post something expressing your interest. I want everyone to be able to see when I have received responses from 19 individuals. just in case I receive more than 19 people that are interested, no one will think that I just didn't chose them for the challenge. Thanks.

Previously you wrote:
    Thank you for hosting a challenge yourself. I was disappointed that I didn't make it into the Biggest Loser -MFP edition. I hope you consider me. If not I understand and it won't hurt or derail me from my focus :) I feel strong and know I will make it...that's why I was looking forward to the challenge!

Best of luck to you!!
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    Okay, more than half has joined the group. I would encourage everyone to at least send a friend request to their teammate if you haven't already done so.

Also, don't use the next 4 days to eat what you want because you know that you'll be starting this challenge on Friday!! Let's prepare ourselves mentally as if the challenge has already begun. Strive for clean eating and exercising!!!!

Also, I have created a list for individuals waiting to join, If you have changed your mind or feel that you will not take this challenge seriously, it's okay to drop out now. I'd rather you do it now versus later!!!!
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    Update!!! Update!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, I have decided to change the date for everyone to become a member of the "Mental and Physical Health Challenge- MFP Edition" group. I need everyone to become a member no later than Wednesday, July 03, 2013. This will help me wean out those that are not serious about this challenge and allow time to include those waiting to join and be prepared to weigh in by Friday, July 05, 2013 no later than 6 pm EST.

I apologize everyone, the time zone for post will be 6 pm EST and NOT CST as in my previous post.

Again, everyone need to become a member of the group for this challenge by Wednesday, 07/03/2013 by 6 pm EST.
  • DrSelenaMyers
    Options
    Wow, I'm so proud of everyone so far, the response for the challenge has been really good!!!. Just think of the positive mental and physical changes that could take place in your life if you wholeheartedly give this challenge all that you have!!!!!!

Everyone has joined the group so far with the exception of the following users:
    yokleigh
    nrz242
    AnJuINZ
    ljdborton

Again, I encourage you to begin communicating with your teammate. If your teammate is listed above, encourage them to join the group before the 6pm EST deadline on Wednesday, 07/03/2012.
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so proud of everyone so far, the response for the challenge has been really good!!!. Just think of the positive mental and physical changes that could take place in your life if you wholeheartedly give this challenge all that you have!!!!!!

Everyone has joined the group so far with the exception of the following users:
    yokleigh
    nrz242
    AnJuINZ
    ljdborton

Again, I encourage you to begin communicating with your teammate. If your teammate is listed above, encourage them to join the group before the 6pm EST deadline on Wednesday, 07/03/2012.

I can't find the group anywhere, leading me to think that it's private.

I've just sent you a friend request, hopefully you can send me an invite from there.

Internet has gremlins :grumble: