Significant other

Options
Does anyone have an issue with your significant other being upset that the alarm goes off at 4:30 so you can get up and work out, he does not get up and tries to fall asleep again and usually does, Gave me a hard time this morning and said he was disappointed in me as the alarm went off and I got up and went downstairs but did not do a work out this am, going to do it tonight??

Replies

• nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an issue with your significant other being upset that the alarm goes off at 4:30 so you can get up and work out, he does not get up and tries to fall asleep again and usually does, Gave me a hard time this morning and said he was disappointed in me as the alarm went off and I got up and went downstairs but did not do a work out this am, going to do it tonight??

Oh, props to you for being able to get up that early. I used to get royally peeved when my fiance would wake me up with the alarm @ that time when he wanted to work out. It wasn't that I was against him working out, it was just this woman needs her friggin sleep or else shes cranky pants all day. I think he is just probably mad you're waking him up lol! I wouldn't take it personally :)
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If me and my husband have to get up at different times I use the alarm on my phone set to vibrate and put it under my pillow. He doesn't even notice when it goes off.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I second the phone alarm, I too use it so I don't bother anyone else when I get up. :flowerforyou:
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd be upset if my partner woke me up every day at 4:30 too, why does he have to get up too? :P
    My advice, make sure you get up and turn it off on the first alarm, no snooze button!
    If you were already up, why didn't you work out?
  • wendygjc
    wendygjc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I said my partner does NOT get up and I did not work out because it was one of those days that I could motivate myself enough, don't you have any of those?
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Try not to let it get to you - STAY POSITIVE. We don't want waves.

Phone alarm is a great solution.

Good for you getting up at 4:30 - I am too often taking advantage of cuddling - must get out of the bed and handle it!
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have those days too! I use my phone alarm and have the volume set as low as possible that will wake me but won't disturb him. I also try not to hit snooze. My honey supports my working out though, and he never seems to have any problems going back to sleep. Good luck getting your workout in this afternoon.
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Coming from someone who gets up that early daily for work... he will get over it. LOL. He will just have to get used to it and not be a pouty puss. LOL By now my hubby loves the idea he gets to go back to sleep cause it's not his alarm. :tongue: I admire your will to get up that early to exercise... you go and ignore him. Do it for yourself. :smile: Best of luck.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    only if i snooze it like 10 times and do no actually get up.
  • 1WomanWolfPack
    Options
    This is why me and my husband sleep separately. I aint got patience for all that drama. My husband would do that when he was in the Army...Alarm would go off at 4 am...Snooze...snooze...snooze...snooze...I don't know how many times I almost punched him in the face. I do not have to be up until 7am...soooooo....**** that. I like it pitch black and silent, he likes the TV on and a fan blowing...he tosses and turns and coughs all night...Yeah, separate rooms works for us. And people always bring up the sex and intimacy issue with me...yeah, we still have sex, we just walk to the other room for it when we get a hankering, and we are much more intimate now that we don't want to kill each other due to lack of sleep and frustration with the other's night time habits.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I made it clear to my family that I have been a wife and mother for 29 years and have ALWAYS put my family first. At least until I lose this weight, and then probably into maintenance I need to be my own first priority, and everyone else needs to be okay with that. That means no snacks/trigger foods/soda in the house, we all do things around my workout schedule, etc. Do your best to have the alarm ring softer, or use your phone like others have said. But he should realize that this is your health & life on the line, so he needs to be supportive at all times, even (or maybe especially!) when you set the alarm and don't actually work out.

You know what the flight attendants say on planes in the event of an emergency about putting your own oxygen mask on first before helping others? That really hit home with me by relating it to weight loss. This is an emergency and I am in the process of trying to put my oxygen mask on, but it doesn't fit. It's going to take a couple of years until it fits comfortably so it will take a lot of patience from me & my family. Hopefully once I have mine on I will be around for many more years to help my family and be there for them when they need me. Best of luck to you!