Woot Woot...10 pounds....1 week.....Low Carb

Options
sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
Yup, it't been 1 week since I saw the doctor at 269.....1 week ago I started looking into Low Carb, started Atkins on Thursday and now 1 week into Induction and I have lost 10 lbs, I am NEVER hungry anymore....I am satisfied with the amounts of food I am eating and I am just overall EXCITED! I have 100+ more pounds to lose, and I am confident that this is my life choice now!!!!!!!!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YES!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• BRITBRITNOLA
    BRITBRITNOLA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    MAN! I am jealous. Good work!!!! I hope to hit that 10lb mark soon. Carbs are my enemy and it's nice to see that eliminating them really works. I have been having such a rough couple of days sticking to my meal plans. I am glad to hear about your success. That 10lbs will stick with me for the rest of the week I hope. God knows I need to motivation. Thanks for giving it to me.

oh btw YOU ROCK! again awesome job
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    That's excitng! Be careful though. I started losing hair when I did low carb!
  • only70more
    Options
    Great Job! I'm looking forward to my first 10 lbs!
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Thank you Brit baby! I hope these 10 pounds stay off me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can do it! I love love love my new way of life......I just had a candy bar~! and Atkins Candy Bar!!!!!!!!!!! and desert tonight....yup...chocolate shake and jello with WHIP CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MAN! I am jealous. Good work!!!! I hope to hit that 10lb mark soon. Carbs are my enemy and it's nice to see that eliminating them really works. I have been having such a rough couple of days sticking to my meal plans. I am glad to hear about your success. That 10lbs will stick with me for the rest of the week I hope. God knows I need to motivation. Thanks for giving it to me.

oh btw YOU ROCK! again awesome job
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Great Job! I'm looking forward to my first 10 lbs!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!
  • sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow thats great! I am going to start Atkins next week with a friend and I was wondering, besides eggs and bacon, what did you have other breakfast meals? And what were your fave meals so far? I am trying to make a quick list that I can refer to!

Thanks soooooo much!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    YAY sassie! I :heart: low carb! :happy:
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    sassiebritches

just be careful and keep an eye on your health doing the Atkins. I know several people who have had poor health issues from that diet,

Good luck to you!
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughtful concern, I am under doctors care and have noticed that the stories that I have heard like this are generally people who have issue prior to starting this sort of eating, and those who do not follow the eating properly....but rest assured I will keep an eye out!
    sassiebritches

just be careful and keep an eye on your health doing the Atkins. I know several people who have had poor health issues from that diet,

Good luck to you!
  • alluneedinawoman
    alluneedinawoman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I'm happy for you. I am looking into Atkins cause just this week I heard about how effective it is. Do you have any tips.
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Congrats. I'm happy for you. I am looking into Atkins cause just this week I heard about how effective it is. Do you have any tips.

I am so new to this......if you look here, this is the Living Low Carb group I am a part of......very helpful when you are getting into this!

Good luck and hope to see you there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/111425-group-llc-livin-low-carb-august-2010?page=7
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WELL CONGRATS! That is great! I have had a doctor in he past tell me that Atkins would be good for me I was just scared to lose any carbs. How did you go about joining?
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great loss in 1 week the first week you loose the most. I have been doing atkins my advise is to eat more healthier snacks stay away from those atkins bars.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Excellent discovery for you. While I do not do Atkins, I do try to avoid white flour and white sugar and I do believe that eliminating those items really helped me in my overall weight loss, especially early on.
  • whiteajames
    Options
    Congrats on your progess! The initial dramatic weightloss from low-carb diets is typically from water loss in your muscles, but low-carb cycling is very effective in weight loss over longer time periods. Just be careful with your ELECTROLYTES (potassium, sodium etc.) and take supplements to keep your heart functioning properly. After 3+ days of low-carbing and heavy exercise you may experience a rapid/irregular heartbeat. Some immediate potassium (powerade + supplement) will "right the ship" in short order, but it is typically an unpleasant experience!

You may find this article on the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet (CKD) interesting: http://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical-ketogenic-diet.html
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    sassiebritches

Good luck to you!

Sassie -

First off, congrats!!!

Secondly, I knew you were going to get someone saying this..............

I will say this............... When eating protein, fats from NATURAL sources, and lots of veggies becomes detrimental to my health, I will go back to a high grain, high carb, low fat way of eating........

But it seems my health improves and improves more and more with eating the way I am, so just prove the Naysayers WRONG!!!

Anyone that has health issues from Atkins is either:

1. Already had damage from their bad way of eating before

OR

2. Not following the plan according to the book.

That is straight from my Dr's mouth............
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Great loss in 1 week the first week you loose the most. I have been doing atkins my advise is to eat more healthier snacks stay away from those atkins bars.

I agree with this also.........This is why I like the older Atkins books and not the New one put out by Atkins Nutritionals........

Make sure you have plenty of fresh, cut up veggies or home made chicken salad ready to eat............

That is what I did.

One of my favorite snacks on Atkins was

Cucumber slices or Celery stalk with chicken salad on top of the cucumber slices or celery stalk stuffed with chicken salad.....

YUMMO!!!!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Another good snack is:

Organic Canned Pumpkin
    Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste
    1 or 2 eggs
    Heavy cream for consistency
    1 or 2 tsp Pure Vanilla......
    Sweetened to taste (for me, a couple drops of sweet leaf stevia)

Combine all ingredients and beat with hand mixer until all blended..........Put in 350 oven for about 30 minutes

Just like pumpkin pie without the crust.........
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Once again CONGRATS!, I got online and signed up on the atkins site and....I have to give you more props!! I want to do it soo bad but I just dont think I can. Seeing the other phases wasnt so bad but the induction scared me to death! NO FRUIT?? AT ALL? Yes when moving off of the induction phase I could but I think I may just die before then :wink: . So I thought I would do it anyway and went grocery shopping today I usually only look at fat and calorie content but today I was looking for carbs and OMG. Its pretty hard for me to find ANYTHING besides meat that doesnt have tons of carbs :noway: , So I just bought things real low in carbs.

You are very strong and Im glad that atkins is working out for you :frown: I wish I had the willpower to do it :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!