Celebrating Me!!

Options
Hello my fellow fitness pals! Im brandnew here and found this site by way of apps on my phone and am super excited to have a tool so very helpful and supportive in my quest to acheive good health. I am 42, the mother of 7, grandmother of 3 and work full time in the health care/marketing field. I currently weigh about 300 pounds and am 5.6. Ive gone thru a divorce four years ago and am just starting to realize that taking care of me IS important. Ive sufferred depression, bipolar.....all the many things that come with being overweight, exhausted, stressed, abused...etc. I always thought that to be a good mother and wife was to make sure everyone elses needs were being met. As a result I made no time for taking care of me. I now know that to take care of me IS to take care of my loved ones. Im excited to have Myfitnesspal as a friend in helping me on my new quest of health and happiness. I welcome support and offer the same.

Replies

• CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I think you are really going to like this site - the people are so caring and supportive! I wish you all the best on your journey - I believe you will succeed and I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Mandy
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I know all too well about taking care of everyone else but mom. I too am in my 40;s I also have 7 children. I have 4 grandkids and one on the way. Seems like we have alot in common. This is a great site. I am sure you will find the motivation here you need. You can do this
  • cowboyskitten
    Options
    thank you both for taking the time to say hello and offer support! I am loving this site so far. Its so user friendly!
  • lamorford
    lamorford Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too & everyone seems to be really nice and supportive. We can do this. It's just one day at a time.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    welcome! You will love all the motivation here. This is only my 2nd week on thissite, but it has really helped - it great just being able to check in or get help when you need it.

Stay motivated and if you need a friend - add me - we can help each other out during those hard times :)