What do you guys eat when you still have 900 calories left a

Options
Ok, normally I dont have this problem. I have eaten 1100 of my 1360 calories. I earned 700 exercize calories. so i still have like 900 left. What do I eat? I'm really not hungry. i know I need to eat them, just looking for ideas. It's wierd how you can have days like this and then other days you are struggling to not engulf the entire fridge!

Replies

• MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    protein shakes.
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't usually have that problem...lol
    If you don't want them you could give them to me:)
  • Skinman
    Skinman Posts: 24
    Options
    I try to eat healthy things like fruit. But I do love me some Skinny Cow products. LOL
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    You are over the 1200 calorie mark, so if you are not hungry then just leave them.
  • SilverRoxy
    Options
    It really depends what other nutrients you have left as well. (protein, carbs/sugars, fiber, etc.) I would look at that and make a snack accordingly. Since you worked out so much, I'd eat up some protein. A 'healthy' milkshake/smoothie with some peanut butter, milk, and some no fat frozen yogurt is a fantastic treat. But I wouldn't stress too much about being under calories for one day. In my mind, and I'm certainly no expert, it makes up for the days you go over. (If you're like me, thats quite a bit..LOL!)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I usually eat peanut butter on whole wheat bread or toast with some skim milk. You could even add a banana in if you wanted to. I wouldn't worry if you don't eat *all* of your exercise calories... but I usually try to eat some, and all if I am hungry!
  • SHALONDAG
    SHALONDAG Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You don't always have to eat any or all of your exercise calories. Don't force yourself to binge on a lot of food. Especially when it's later in the evening before bedtime. Have a small sensible meal or snack and call it a day!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'm all for eating your exercise calories, but I agree - don't force feed yourself 900 cals at once. Maybe have some Peanut Butter on an apple and get in an extra 200-400 or so cals depending on how thick you layer it on. Then let the rest go. So long as you are not consistently low on your calorie balance it's OK. You'll do more damage overeating in one meal than you will being under on cals for a day. If it is a consistent problem, compensate in advance for your evening workout. Personally, I have days that I go over by a couple hundred (or worse as was with an unexpected trip to Olive Garden this weekend... :ohwell:), so if I am under other days I don't worry that my metabolism is getting starved.
  • missjo113
    Options
    I'm of the same mind as most... as long as you've reached your daily quota, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're constantly doing it though, I'd choose foods that are a little higher in calories thoughout the day. Like if you're having a salad, add some chicken or avacado and use a regular dressing instead of a low fat or fat free version.

If you end up not eating all of your exercise calories every now and then, don't fret, it's not going to send you into starvation mode quite that quickly.