Black Bean Brownies! (Trust me they are excellent)

Options
12346»

Replies

• tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: black bean brownies!

I personally make mine vegan & it still tastes like an actual warm fudgey brownie!

I used organic ingredients & tweaked a few ingredients for my personal taste.

Mine always comes out exactly like the pic below.

Here's the link:
    http://brooke-bakes.blogspot.com/2013/01/vegan-black-bean-brownie-bites.html

Vegan Black Bean Brownie Bites
    imagesCAIUNUO5_zps7f548dcc.jpg
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I made them this afternoon! So funny to see my picky siblings go back for 2nds and 3rds! I made them a little but differently though. I didn't have instant coffee or chocolate chips so I used about 1/3 cup of coffee and about 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup! I honestly think that they taste better the longer you let them cool. I think next time, I will use 1/2 applesauce/ 1/2 oil to reduce the calories a bit more.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've got a batch in the oven now. The mix tastes good :tongue:
  • LucyMcd1
    LucyMcd1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome! I have to find black beans and try this!
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I LOVED these the first time I made them. The second time, I swirled peanut butter on the tops of them. Zomg so damn good.
  • annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I didn't have instant coffee so I skipped that, or powdered sugar. But WOWWWW delicious. My kids and husband will NEVER know they have black beans in them lol
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Sounds kinda gross, but I just tried them and they are delicious! I am particularly pleased to have found this recipe because as a diabetic I can't eat regular brownies because of the carb/sugar content. But these brownies only have 13 grams of carbs per serving and the serving size is very generous.

I cut my batch into 9 pieces (the recipe says 12, but I wanted them a bit bigger) and the nutrition facts are as follows:

Per Serving: 186 Calories 14g carbs 15g fat 3g protein 2g fiber

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/black-bean-brownies-recipe/index.html

Let me know if anyone else has tried this and what you thought.

Bump for the link!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: black bean brownies!

I personally make mine vegan & it still tastes like an actual warm fudgey brownie!

I used organic ingredients & tweaked a few ingredients for my personal taste.

Mine always comes out exactly like the pic below.

Here's the link:
    http://brooke-bakes.blogspot.com/2013/01/vegan-black-bean-brownie-bites.html

Vegan Black Bean Brownie Bites
    imagesCAIUNUO5_zps7f548dcc.jpg

They look so yummy!