Too fast weight loss?

Options
Hi! So im 5.4, and 142 pounds. I have lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks, so 4 pounds per week. I usually have not been getting 1200 cals, but not that hungry. I have been walking 60 minutes every day. Previously the weight stalled, but picked back up. So, my question is: is it ok to lose weight so fast? And my frame is small, healthy weight would be about 130.

Replies

• Nicktheicequeen
    Options
    I'm sort of in your boat. I'm 5'3 and 134 pounds. Started at 160 42 days ago.
    So that's 26 pounds in 42 days.
    But I work out after every meal.
    So.....
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,615 Member
    Options
    Its hard to say, with your dairy closed. If you aren't netting around 1200, you should try to. Otherwise your body will not have all the nutrients it needs. Make sure you get enough protein and do some resistance exercise so that you will not lose all of your lbm. I lost my weight fairly quickly (around 30 lbs in 3 1/2 months) but made sure to get adequate protein, fruits and vegetables. I also take a multi vitamin (per dr. recommendation)
  • MatthewMacG
    MatthewMacG Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you are following the recommended calories and log your exercise then you should be fine. If you are under eating to increase weight loss then I suggest you stop and eat the recommended calories and take it slow. The slower the weight comes off the longer it will take to go back on, it takes time to form healthy habits.

Obviously in the first week you can lose a lot of weight, this is usually water weight, but as you are in week three and its great that you are losing that amount of weight if you are getting all the nutrients your body needs and not starving yourself. I lost 18 pounds in my first two weeks on MyFitnessPal eating recommended calories but then I weigh over twice what you do :P

Good luck with your weight loss, remember your health is just as important as your weight.
  • luvtokayak24
    Options
    How do i open the food diary? Ive been good about what im eating so far
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Consider opening your diary. People can make a lot of suggestions that might work, but if they don't know your vital statistics, what you're eating, how you're tracking, whether you use a food scale, have any medical condition, etc. they can't really tailor their advice for YOUR situation.

Edit- open your diary by going to My home, settings, diary settings, the diary sharing section near the bottom, and ticking the public button then save. You can always change it back by doing the same thing later if you wish.
  • luvtokayak24
    Options
    Ok..its open to the public now