Nutribullet vs. Magic Bullet

Options

Replies

• epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    They're just blenders.

True, but they're inexpensive and cleanup of the magic/nutri bullet is way easier than the big Oster blender we have. On a daily basis, we find it motivates us to make a smoothie as there aren't so many things to clean up (being that you mix in the container you drink out of...). Our Oster is only used for giant batches of margaritas now.
  • sppride
    sppride Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been using the vitamix. it's awesome. My cousin has a nutribullet and it works great for her. They are both good at making veggie/fruit juice.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have the magic bullet and it did get regular use.
    But I picked up a "real" blender where the blades spin off the pitcher and the base is just the size to go on mason jars (regular width) so I'm not limited to the 4 "mugs" that the magic bullet comes with, if I need more personal serving containers I open a case of mason jars and there's 12 containers for just the combo each person wants... great for spices too with the small jars.. I just like the blender with mason jars better but the Bullet certainly did it's job.

Brilliant!
  • Didilagolfeuse
    Options
    yes I use a Magic bullet and I have seen Nutri bullets reviews on TV and they are the exact same machine...the only difference I can see is the name. I use mine for my protein shakes and love it.....oh and when I checked the prices Magic Bullet is a bit cheaper
  • reggie83
    reggie83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet and use it about 2 times a day. Here's my pro/con list.

Pros
    - only about $50 from Kmart online
    - works well. Fruits and veggies. I like having small chunks in my food so that's better for me. If the chunks are to big i blend it longer.
    - great way to eat more fresh veggies. I've never eaten so many veggies in my life. I love the green smoothies and try to make one a day.
    - portion control is easy, the large cup is my portion.
    - cleanup is super simple.

Come
    - the little notch on the thin cups brake. They are now useless with the blender.
    - if I stuff the cup with fruit it will have a herd time blending All the ingredients. Its best to leave about 1 inch of room so that I can shake up the ingredients.
    - the blender has stopped working more than once when all of the ingredients are frozen and the cup is overstuffed.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I bought a Magic Bullet as Costco. I use it about twice a day and have had it for a year. I've just about broken all the little aformentioned ears on the cups- I think I'm down to only two that work.

I grind my coffee in it, I mix my protein drinks with ice. I make low cal "slushies: using ice water and crystal lite or other low cal lemonade or fruit mix.

They are basically just blenders, but the magic is small and I drink right out of the mixing container, minimizing cleanup.

I won't buy the nutri bullet in part because I'm annoyed by the supposed health "guru" that presents it on his infomercial. He doesn't look that impressive to me. drinking green smoothies is gonna make me look like that I think I'll pass. :)
  • jksdadams2
    jksdadams2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a nutribullet and I love mine. It makes my juices smooth. I even use it for my Herbalife shakes with fruit.
  • infraready
    Options
    I wanted to make nutritional smoothies with kale, carrots, flaxseed, berries, etc. I researched online, and decided to go straight to the NutriBullet. We use it every day, and it does not leave ice chunks, seeds, or big pieces of anything. I've also used it to grind oatmeal into oatmeal flour for gluten-free cookies, had the flour in less than 30 sec. of grinding !

It only makes sense that the NutriBullet grinds things up smaller, because the motor is more than 2x the power of the Magic Bullet.
    Paid $99 at Walmart; alot less than most blenders and the Ninja line. Had it 4 months now, and no breaks in the plastic, all good as new. So I guess it comes down to how finely you need to grind things you're making.
  • nornat
    Options
    The nutribullet is much better and powerful than the ninja. I bought both to compare and I had to put my ninja smoothie back in the nutri bullet to get it smooth. So needless to say I took the Ninja back. U can try them both for yourself and see. The Nutri bullet is far more powerful than the earlier and older magic bullet. I blend everything in my nutri bullet and its always as smooth as the smoothies u get at any store like starbucks or jamba juice. I love it!! U wont be dissapointed,
  • CWalshx2010mly
    Options
    My magic bullet struggles with frozen fruit and ice cubes, got the NutriBullet last week and LOVE it!! It can blend anything i throw in it (even carrots). Wish i had the Nutribullet for the last 4 years instead of the magic bullet!
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been using the vitamix. it's awesome. My cousin has a nutribullet and it works great for her. They are both good at making veggie/fruit juice.

My VitaMix is over 20 years old, and it showing it's age. I came on this thread to figure out which one I needed - I think I'll go with the Magic Bullet. When it wears out, then I'll get the Nutribullet.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I use my Nutribullet every morning for my smoothie. I love it. Maybe it's a glorified blender, but I love the size and how it doesn't take up much space in my closet-sized kitchen. It pulverizes whatever I put into it and clean up is easy.
  • MichMunchkin
    MichMunchkin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet and I use it every single day. I honestly don't know how I got along without it before (I had a Black & Decker blender before that wouldn't blend *butter*, let alone frozen fruit.) I read some negative reviews on Amazon, etc., before I bought it, but to be honest, I think if you actually take the time to read the instructions, it's not rocket science. And I can only speak for myself, but my Magic Bullet has been able to blend anything I put in it. I love it.
  • patrickdickey52761
    Options
    I have the magic bullet and it did get regular use.
    But I picked up a "real" blender where the blades spin off the pitcher and the base is just the size to go on mason jars (regular width) so I'm not limited to the 4 "mugs" that the magic bullet comes with, if I need more personal serving containers I open a case of mason jars and there's 12 containers for just the combo each person wants... great for spices too with the small jars.. I just like the blender with mason jars better but the Bullet certainly did it's job.

Which blender do you have? The one that can use mason jars instead of the pitcher, I mean.

Have a great day.:)
    Patrick.
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    They're just blenders.

It's not a juicer... it's not a blender... it's an extractor!!!!

I have the Nutribullet... I have a green smoothie every morning (and it's actually SMOOTH). Some leafy greens, carrots, chia seeds, and whatever fruit is available. It comes out smooth and delicious when you put the right combo!

My fruit this morning was a clementine, red grapes, cantaloupe, and half a banana. Turns out... that's a gross combo. So I sucked it down as fast as I could while holding my breath. :sick: :laugh: :drinker:
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I had a nutribullet and returned it after one day. The juice spilled out through the bottom and left a huge mess. Might have been just unlucky.

Now I have a Blendtec, lot's of money but worth every penny! You can get them refurbished for about half price. This thing can pulverize your mobile phone. No joke, apparently they did this on a YouTube video. Anyhow, I use it every day multiple times.

I make super smooth smoothies and it does not matter what I throw at it, it comes out very smooth. I also make my own butter, almond butter, peanut butter, soups, face masks, sauces for veggies, ice cream, frozen yoghurt...name it and it goes into my blender.

Left over veggies are blended the next morning into a smoothie and I "eat" ten times more spinach these days than in my whole life together. I decided against the Vitamix as the blendtec fits under my counter. Otherwise they are very similar and both have 7 years warranty.

I am aware that this thread is about the nutribullet, but I thought I make you aware of the other brands out there, which are admittedly much more expensive, but as said, Blendtec can be bought refurbished directly from the company.

Stef.
  • Areneholmes
    Areneholmes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a nutribullet! It was my big new year's purchase and I honestly couldn't be happier with it.
    I follow the standard for the recipes; a handfull of leafy greens (baby spinach for me) followed by a random mix of fruit like apples, bananas, peaches, etc, then top it off with berries and fill to the line with water. Avacados, oranges, and kiwis also find their ways into my shakes. Yum.
    I love that I can take pomegranates and pull all the seeds and such from the inside, stick them in the cup with water and they get pulverized to a drinkable state. I do this and store it separate and add it to my regular shakes.
    I also add protein powder and creatine powder for workout days. I have a hard time keeping my protein levels up with regular food, especially since my appetite has gotten smaller (maybe my stomach has shrunk since I portion), so this works out really well. I also add ground flax seeds.

I've never owned the magic bullet, or anything other than a standard blender. I have no reason to consider another as long as my nutribullet is functioning well. :)

I read someone say theirs leaked above.. usually this means you don't have a good seal (it comes with two), it's not closed tightly enough, or most likely it's filled to full (above the fill line). If all that doesn't work, maybe it's a faulty machine. I've personally never had problems with mine and love it to death. :)

I'd also consider searching for the best deal- look on websites that sell the nutribullet and see if they have coupons available online for discounts. I got mine for $85 shipped, Good luck!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja. Same principle as a Nutribullet, different design. I love it! Although...I haven't seen the model I have in stores for a long time...just the really big really expensive ones. Mine has three smoothie cups and a approx. 32 oz blender bowl and the power base, and that's it. I guess when this one eventually gives out Ill have to decide what to get, and a nutribullet is more in my price zone.
  • deborahmauger
    Options
    Does anyone know if any of the American distributers of the Nutribullett send to Australia please? as they charge $289 here for them!!
  • JPYoungNet
    Options
    I have (maybe) a dumb question. Why do the Nutribullets I see selling on Amazon (for instance) also say Magic Bullet on the front?

MagicBullet® NutriBullet™