HELLO and ADD ME!

Options
Hey guys, I'm afraid four years of education, cheap living and student lifestyle has made me edging on obese. Time to fix up! Add me as a friend if you losing a few pounds! Lads or girls, doesn't matter.

Also, has anyone got any breakfast ideas that literally have no sugar in. I'm having way too much at the minute!

Thanks

Replies

• cnr0905
    cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    u wont get your sugar down as per MFP. no how!!!!!!!!
  • cnr0905
    cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    however someone will post and say they do all the time but ...........
  • Clschuler
    Clschuler Posts: 11
    Options
    I don't stress the sugar if I am getting it from fruits and veggies, it's the processed stuff that I will stress about. As was already said on here, keeping the sugar down to the suggested MFP levels is not easy and I am generally close on either side of it. If you eat bread or pasta your numbers will never make it.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Try to get yourself into a calorie deficit and exercise program first. Then you can sweat the small stuff.
  • fatboy963
    fatboy963 Posts: 3
    Options
    Honey is not a bad option. Its natural and does more good in many ways. all the best
  • vicky_b329
    vicky_b329 Posts: 24
    Options
    Sent you an add invite.

If you're worried about carbs, try a veggie omelette or scrambled eggs and sausage, etc.

If you're worried specifically about sugar, try eating no sugar added or low sugar oatmeal or eggs & toast.

If you drink any kind of juice or use a flavored creamer, consider cutting that out. So much added sugar in orange juice.

It's true that MFP's sugar levels are pretty low. I agree with CLSchuler that you should only really worry about added, processed sugars. Sugar from fruit is perfectly fine for you.
  • chriswoolly
    chriswoolly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Iv cut out the breakfast cereals, especially the sugary one so most comes from fresh or dried fruit which I'm quite happy with. And yeah, loving the eggs at the minute! Cheers everyone!

And i love orange juice, but I get concentrated but there is obviously a massive amount of intrinsic sugars so I'm on rations at the moment! Miss the OJ!
  • MacroMiranda
    MacroMiranda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfasts are the Hungry Girl egg mugs. It's like an omelette in the microwave, super easy, low cal, high protein, and very low sugar. I really like the lorraine and denver mugs.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1256
  • chriswoolly
    chriswoolly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah, very similar to what I have been doing. Cheers for the site!
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    my current breakfast of choice is a two egg omelette, with some onion or brocolli or occasionally some cheese as a treat. very little sugar, high in protein, low in saturated fat and then some nuts a couple of hours later to deal with any hunger pangs.