Rock bottom is an understatement

Options
Hey,
So I heard about this site from a friend from school and I excited to get the app on my iPhone. I don't know where I went wrong but I did. Boy did I ever go wrong. I am a 20 year old college kid that weighs 430 lbs. I am looking to get down to 200 lbs. I hope that this community can help me in my goal.
thepyro

Replies

• ardaniels0417
    Options
    You CAN get there. You just havet o put in the time. IT wont be easy, there will be days when you just want to eat a big sundae from Friendlys. But... if you hold out and keep on track it will pay off in the end. No pain, no gain. Sorry to be so cliche, but it is so true. You need to find a way to change your eating habits to support a constant helthy weight loss. Also, you would benefit from any type of excercise. Walking is so good to get weight off, brisk walking. Pop in your ipod and get going!!!!!!
  • hotforty
    hotforty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! 430lbs today but everyday will get better 200lbs right around the corner:smile: Good Luck and many Blessings
  • zumbalori
    zumbalori Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! And this is a really good tool to help you stay on track. Good luck!!!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have a great friend that referred you to this site! If you're looking for support and motivation to help you, then you've come to the right place!

Trisha
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey...this is a good start for you by signing up. Looking at a lump sum weight of 230 lbs to lose could be daunting. Break it down into smaller goals to set yourself at a better pace. Use the site to track your food and incorporate some exercise into your daily routine. It hurts to hear you say that you went so wrong...you're young and this is a step in the right direction for you. Stay positive and focus on your goal and you can make the changes you are looking for. I wish you all the best in this journey.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you can do it!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    welcome...you can and will do what you need to do to get healthy....best of luck to you. Make friends and talk to them often, it sure helped me.

best of luck in school too! peace out!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    You know what. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life. Start tracking your calories, start taking walks. You have age on your side. You have time get better. By the time your Senior year rolls around no one will recognize you, and other people will be asking how you did it and wanting advice from you.
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    You've taken a major step just by joining this site and you've already got some great advice being given here. I agree that you should break your weight loss goals up into smaller mini goal and the most important thing I've learned thus far is to forgive myself whenever I make a mistake. Start out small for now. Counting your calories and walking 3x a week for atleast 30 minutes should set you down the right path.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place! There are lots of people here who know a ton.

There are also a couple of very interesting blogs about people who have lost over 200 lbs:

http://theantijared.blogspot.com/

Hmmm. I can't find the other one, but there are tons of inspirational stories!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I saw the quote on your profile "Maybe it will work this time". Honestly, if that is your attitude it won't. Without determination and commitment any goal you achieve will only be short term. You need to remove words like "maybe", "try", and "hope" from your mentality and replace them with "when", "do" and "will".
  • rebchandler
    Options
    Well, one bright side is...the more overweight you are...the faster your initial weight loss will probably be. So start your journey and use that initial momentum to give you encouragement! You can do this!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
  • MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is never easy but it's always worth it! Keep your chin up, do your very best every day, & smile. If you have a bad day just work a little harder the next day. You can do this! Believe it, know it, live it!
  • cochranmd
    cochranmd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do anything that you put your mind to. Always remember why you're on this journey of life. You want to be the best you that you can be. Let your inside reflect your outside. Life isn't easy and neither is weight loss. You have my fitness community especially myself here to support in your efforts. You lose weight by making one positive move in the right direction at a time. You made the biggest start by joining my fitness pal. We are all working to have stronger leaner bodies. Really do the work and figure out what drives your emotions and desire to overeat and really figure out what is keeping you from successfully losing the weight. Once you are truly able to answer those questions, the rest is history. You can only make positive changes from here.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome pyro!
    My friend told me about this site a month ago, it's great. I love that it's so easy: it says how many calories I should eat, and it adds calories whenever I exercise. The people are so positive and supportive. Read the success stories for motivation.
    Congrats on taking a big step towards a fitter, healthier future! Feel free to friend me if you like.
    HW-230
    CW-203
    GW-140
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It will be hard, but if you want it, you can get there!!! You are so young - by 25(and probably sooner) you can smasj your goal and have the body, the confidence, and the energy that you have always wanted! Just take it one day at a time and DON'T GIVE UP!!!

We are all here for you!
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I myself have 200+ pounds to loose and I actually am looking forward to the road ahead of me! I have lost 14pounds so far and my energy has doubled just from that little bit. I am a big gamer/computer nerd so at first it was a little tough to put the controller down/ close the laptop lid and just get up and do something. I found that the more I do the more I want to continue. I have made several mini goals for myself. For every 25 pounds I loose I reward myself with something. I am half way to my first reward already!!! Anyways I am excited that you have started your journey!!!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can do this! This site has been one of the most effective weight loss tools I have ever used. The community of people that use this site are like an unending flow of support and inspiration. If I can do this so can you. I'm here for you!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. We're all in the same boat and here to support each other whether we have 5 pounds or 500 pounds to lose. What we all have in common is that we have decided that NOW is the time to get healthy- now is the time to reclaim our lives back from food that is holding our bodies prisoner.

You are in control of your outcome. It won't happen overnight... but in 1 year you could be lighter and healthier or you can be in the exact same place you are in now which seems to not be such a good place for you.

Make the committment. Take back your life. We're here to help you along your journey. You CAN do it! Believe it!