Need help with free strength exercises

Options
Hi all,

I just joined not too long ago, and I've been doing pretty well with walking, biking and swimming. But I need some ideas of free strength exercises I can do at home. I would prefer something that could be done outside since its so nice outside these days.

But it needs to be free. I don' t have the money right now for buying weights, videos or gym passes.

Thanks for your help! :)

Replies

• otpeds
    otpeds Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You don't have to buy weights, you can use cans of food, books, etc...just look around your house I am sure there are things you can use as weights
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Sometimes house hold supplies can become weights, you can do arm exercises by filling up a grocery bag with handles with things that weight 5lbs and lift those. I found my first ever weights 5lbs at a rummage sale for $1.00. Found a set of 10lbs at a consignment shop for $5.00.
  • seitan
    seitan Posts: 3
    Options
    Rather than buying weights which can be expensive, look at getting some bands, a nice set can be purchased for 30 to 40 dollars, which when compared to weights is considerably less expensive.
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    push ups, burpees, squats, lunges, dips, planks, situps, crunches, spidermans, russian twists etc are all free and can be used effectively with your own body weight.

You could google something like "body weight exercises".
    imagymrat (I think I spelt that correct) often posts workouts that can be done around the house with no accesories. Search for that name too.

There's literally hundreds of exercises and variations of them that you can use without a bench or machines or even weight plates, dumbells etc. As others have said, you can then use cans and broom handles and chairs and other items found around the house as exercise accessories.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas. :)