how many pounds to next size??

Options
I was just wondering how many pounds you lost to go down a size in pants?? Thanks :)

Replies

• annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know myself. When I started my size 20s were tight but they did fit. Now they fit comfortably and on their way to not fitting, but I don't need a belt or have to hike them up, and i'm down 26 pounds. I'd love to know when I can go down lol
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think I had lost about 25 pounds before I had to buy a new pair of jeans....at 40 pounds I am down from a 12 to a 6...not sure if that helps!
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 40 to a 36 in men's cargo pants. I had a pair of 18's that I couldn't even get over my thighs that are now comfortable. 28 lbs down at this point.
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Old Weight Watchers standard thinking was 20lbs = 1 dress size. For me it has been anywhere between 10lbs and 30lbs and I need to shop. That being said I went from wearing size 18 jeans to size 14...skipping 16 entirely. So you can wear too-big clothes awhile. My new rule is if I can pull off my jeans without unbuttoning them, it's likely time to go shopping.
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Went from a Tight 20 (probably needed a 22) to a comfortable 18 in 40lbs.
  • PeauxPeaux
    PeauxPeaux Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    According to my old WW leader, a blog called 3 fat chicks, and my own experience, it is range of 10 to 15 pounds to go down a size, but I have also heard that it can be as much as 25 pounds to between plus sizes.

The smaller the sizes, the less g weight between sizes, if that makes sense, so that going from a size 2 to a 0 might be 5 or 8 pounds, while going from a 10 to an 8 might be 12 pounds.
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I lose just 5-7 pounds, I go down one size, maybe two (depending on the clothing brand). I think it varies from one person to the next.
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person, the body fat percentage and how much you have to lose. I am currently about 135 and a size 4-6, but i know when I was around 125 I was closer to a size 2. I am not only heavier than I used to be, but also flabbier, which may be why I am only 10 pounds heavier but two sizes larger.