I'm in a rut!

Options
I'm in a rut, big time. I can't seem to get out of my own way and exercise. I'm coming up with excuse after excuse (it's to hot, not enough sleep, to much homework/appointments, etc).

Have you had this happen? How did you push through?

I know I need to just kick my self in the butt and DO IT, but I can't quite get there...

Replies

• some_like_it_hott
    Options
    Sometimes our mind and the road blocks that we set up for ourselves are the biggest factor in weight gain and retention. I would start by changing your mind set. A friend of mine suggested that I say yes more and no less; and it is something that I have been trying to put into practice. Next time you want to use the word CAN"T switch it up to CAN, because the honest truth is that you are capable of more than you think.

Try working out first thing in the morning, when the temperature is the coolest. Even if it is a quick walk around the block, everyday should start with an increased heart rate to promote the flow of fresh blood into your veins.

Also, you may want to try adding exercise to your daily life in sneaky ways. Next time you are in line or standing at a fax machine, do some calf raises. If you are cooking in the kitchen, play some music and shake your groove thing. When you are though with dinner, wash the dishes and then step outside and enjoy the night sky. Little changes can add up and make a big difference.

Remember, Motivation for change starts with you, and you control the thoughts in your own mind. You are strong, and you have got this!

- Eat Clean. Train Dirty.
  • Gstrohm78
    Gstrohm78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Find something that you really like doing. If you don't like doing a particular exercise or workout, it will be much more difficult to stick with it. If you can find something you enjoy, you will look forward to your workouts and you will be more motivated to do it