NSV: I'm a size 6!!!

Options
Terpnista84
Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
When I weighed in a week ago and saw that my weight was 148.5, I couldn't believe it. I think when you look at yourself everyday you don't notice the drastic changes. My shape is still the same, there is just less of me. So seeing that number showed how much I had progressed (my highest weight was the 180s and I am 5'4") although it didn't really hit home.

Yesterday I was in Urban Outfitters and this store always made me feel fat. Their dresses never fit me. Yesterday I saw a cute dress and it was a size 8. I thought I was completely overestimating my progress but decided to try it on for the hell of it. The size 8 fit great and in fact was a little loose around the shoulders. I decided to try on the 6 and it was a homerun.

I never thought I would be in single digits much less a 6. It made me feel amazing. I also bought a size small dress on Friday. I've always been a size 12 girl (10 when I would shed a few pounds) so I am really pleased with myself.

Replies

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's awesome! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work! :):):)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! I tried on size 6 shorts this weekend :)
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Congrats :)
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    SO cool!! I love the unexpected dressing room NSV's!! Congrats girl!!
  • EmilyBullough
    EmilyBullough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I've experienced the same thing where dresses are too big through the shoulders, so I need a size down. It surprises me every time, I guess because I expect the size to be most different in the waist area.
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Now that's exciting. You just proved you can do anything you set your mind to. AWESOME!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    that is the best NSV of all time!! Congratulations.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    congrats hun cant wait tell I can say that again!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!