Today is day #1 for me!

Options
:happy:

Replies

• belle713
    belle713 Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome! Day 1 here too.

Ok, my story real quick since I hope to be here for quite a while...

I am (was?) on my way to getting clearance for bypass surgery. I've had lots of tests, now just waiting to see my Dr. in 3 weeks. Last Wednesday my cousin also had bypass surgery. As of today, he is STILL in ICU after suffering severe complications. He's on a ventilator. His kidneys are screwed up because the surgery took FIVE HOURS. His situation is more complicated than mine but still... very scary.

Needless to say, I'm having second thoughts. I'm going to try this yet again, the old fashioned way. (Low carb, low cal, lots of exercise). Sadly, due to my cousin's circumstance, it has given me a very different outlook and for once, I truly believe I can do this.

Which is why I say, I'll be here a while. 'Cause I have a sh*tload to lose! I'll put one of those banner thingies on my profile later...after I've lost some first.

Ok, see y'all around. Good luck everyone. (Including me) :flowerforyou:

ETA: day one on the message boards.
  • BayBay1956
    BayBay1956 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry about your cousin. But yes, give the old fashion way a try first. The key from what I hear is patience. It will probably take at least 2 years before you are content with your results. But you can do this. I have seen that show on TV where in one year people have lost amazing weight. Just give yourself time and stay motivated.

In one year you can be the same or you can lose some weight, you may as well make it work for you.

Good luck.
  • belle713
    Options
    Thank you very much!! :happy:
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have been here since August 2012, and my blood pressure has returned to normal and weight / BMI is now also normal

It does work, just have to stick at it
  • belle713
    Options
    Oops, I hit the "report" button accidentally!! I hope that didn't go through.

Anyway, congrats!! I love the motivating stories on this MB. So encouraging. :)