healthy, easy, low cal alternatives for chips/crackers?

Options
Hey team -
I've really been craving salty, crispy treats lately - chips, cheese nips, pistachio nuts

Does any one of any low cal alternatives? Kale chips? or something like that?

the more ideas the better!

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I got a huge bag of sea salt veggie straws yesterday at Sam's Club, 38 straws for 130 cals. Helped with my craving. Or I just buy the already pre packaged 1oz. bags that are one serving for around 140-150 cals.
  • Nicktheicequeen
    Options
    Special K Sea Salt Flavored Cracker Chips.
    110 Calories for 30 chips.
    Yummy yum yum!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Could try seaweed.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like special k cracker chips or special k multigrain crackers. The quaker popped mini rice cakes are good too. I think the cheddar ones taste *almost* the same as cheese puffs.
  • ReadyToBeMeAt160
    ReadyToBeMeAt160 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    oooh i forgot all about popcorn cakes! i haven't had those in ages :)
  • ReadyToBeMeAt160
    Options
    Could try seaweed.

::raises eye brow:: seaweed? how's that work?
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Baked lentil chips, 110 cal for 22 chips, 3g fiber, 4g protein
    Pop Chips are pretty tasty too, lots of flavors. They come in individual 100 cal bags so it's easier to moderate yourself.
  • HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have the same craving.
    My diet calls for about 1 potato a day.
    My husband made me toasted potato slivers. He sliced potatoes so thin, I was amazed. He baked them with only Olive Oil spray on the cookie tray until the edges were golden brown. I sprinkled sea salt on them. They were crisp and delicious. They satisfied my craving but didn't make me want to eat an entire bag of Lays.
    And, I stayed within my dietary requirements. :)
    Hey team -
    I've really been craving salty, crispy treats lately - chips, cheese nips, pistachio nuts

Does any one of any low cal alternatives? Kale chips? or something like that?

the more ideas the better!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Could try seaweed.

Dried seaweed is a product you can purchase. It's edible, slightly crunchy, and salty. It also has a strong taste that some people don't like. If you like to try new things, that's an option :)
  • ReadyToBeMeAt160
    Options
    Could try seaweed.

Dried seaweed is a product you can purchase. It's edible, slightly crunchy, and salty. It also has a strong taste that some people don't like. If you like to try new things, that's an option :)

oh ok - i'm definitely down to try that. I imagine whole foods would have it? in the chip aisle?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything is wrong with pistachio nuts and definitely don't need to cut those out.. the chips and crackers on the other hand.
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bacon?

I don't like substituting a food I'm craving for one so completely unrelated. I also don't dig kale very much. I like the individual serving pouches of Baked Lays. 130 calories per serving, only two of which come from fat. You can't make a meal out of it, but one a day will hardly derail the weight loss train (unless you're low carb, in which case: Bacon?)
  • ReadyToBeMeAt160
    Options
    Bacon?

I don't like substituting a food I'm craving for one so completely unrelated. I also don't dig kale very much. I like the individual serving pouches of Baked Lays. 130 calories per serving, only two of which come from fat. You can't make a meal out of it, but one a day will hardly derail the weight loss train (unless you're low carb, in which case: Bacon?)

i should've included "vegetarian" hehe :)

thanks tho
  • heidimomoftwo
    Options
    I eat Kirkland sea salt roasted seaweed, 100 calories and totally yummy!!!
  • abbyrmichel
    Options
    Try Nut-Thins. They are chips made out of almonds! At first I thought it was a little bland but they grew on me, and they have tons of different flavors!
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I go-to white cheddar rice cakes, wasabi soy almonds, and count out cheez-it or low fat flavored triscuits. I have to count everything out per serving or my hand will just keep dipping in the box.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Could try seaweed.

oh ok - i'm definitely down to try that. I imagine whole foods would have it? in the chip aisle?
    International aisle. Seasnax toasty onion flavor is my favorite.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i wholeheartedly 2nd the roasted seaweed. they are crazily addictive. My fav is Annie Chun's sesame roasted seaweed. I purchase a case at a time from Amazon. Each pack is 60 cals, 1 carb, & fulfills that salty crunch want.

They are at Asian markets around here. The are prob @ whole foods and trader joe's but I dont have 1 close by.
  • mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Special K Sea Salt Flavored Cracker Chips.
    110 Calories for 30 chips.
    Yummy yum yum!

Add just a wee little bit of spicy hummus... And... Voila! My night is instantly improved :-)
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one's said popcorn.