From 420.2 pounds to 298.4 pounds, in six months. (Pics)

PosterGuy1
PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
I'm so happy to have lost 121.8 pounds, so far.

On January 1st I began my journey to good health.

I'm 29 years old and 6'3". On January 1st I weighed 420.2 pounds.

I've always been overweight, yet I've always liked myself. The only reason I'm doing this is for my health. I have a great group of friends, and the issue of my weight is never a topic. I was fortunate enough to receive my Master's Degree a few years ago, and my weight was not something that has ever really come up in my educational or professional life. While I'm doing this for my health, I look forward to see what other doors this might open for me.

I didn't decide weeks prior to that day that I was going to try to lose weight, its just something that happened. I had no clue what I was going to do. I just began eating healthy and just went with it. In February, my little sister told me about Myfitnesspal. I fell in love with it, as its great that we can track our calories, and I enjoy reading the board for great advice from knowledgeable people.

Since January, I've been focusing on nutrition. I eat about 1,300 calories a day, and eat most of the same stuff everyday. I only eat items that I like and that fill me. I've not begun exercising yet, but I will be joining a gym in the next few months. Some people might not agree with either of those, but its worked very well for me so far. I feel great that I've done this without surgery or pills.

Gone are the days of eating three double cheeseburgers, two orders of small fries, and two apple pies for a meal. I have a way to go, as I would like to get down to 220 pounds.

There is so much I want to say, but for right now, I appreciate the support I've gotten from all of you.

January 1, 2013- 420.2 pounds-
dvkk78.jpg

July 1, 2013- 298.4 pounds-
2yy827p.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!