Best protein shake....

Options
Never hitting my protein requirements, always going over on carbs. I figure I should try out a protein shake!! What is a good brand that is not too pricey and tastes good?

Replies

• KristiDawn
    Options
    I love Be-BUFF Vanilla, its so yummy and there are only 100 calories per scoop.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Syntha 6 chocolate milkshake - - taste really yummy and I'm always meeting or passing my protein for the day.

It's at GNC. When I use it for a meal I use milk instead of water and keeps me full for awhile. I usually use it for lunch because I workout in the early afternoon
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Designer Whey protein powder. I ordered a 2.2 lb container of strawberry from Amazon for $20 and it's really yummy. I like it better than the vanilla I bought in Trader Joes. I think $20 for that size of a container is a good price. I just mix it with soy milk, ice, water, and a few frozen mango chunks. Delicious and under 200 calories for it.
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Atkins and GNC AMP 60.
  • Cheli192
    Options
    Pure Protein Shake. . .they are great!
  • atronstad
    Options
    I'm a Designer Whey fan too. I get the French Vanilla b/c it's sweetened w/ Stevia and not sucralose. I'll tell you it's hard to find a decent protein powder w/ out artificial sweeteners.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many vitamin world stores there are out there, but I use their house brand, "Precision engineered" protein powder. If you're a "member" (just fill out your info in-store and make an initial purchase) it's $35 for a 5 lb tub. 100 cals and 20 grams of protein per scoop. Mix it with skim milk and it's 32 grams of protein with no carbs and only a few grams of fat.
  • rsua2281
    rsua2281 Posts: 13
    Options
    I love the curves shakes, vanilla or chocolate, I just put 2 ice cubes, 1% milk, and 1 or 2 scoops of the powder, into a shaker cup, it's very good and refreshing in the summer.

The vanill ais great blended with frozen strawberries, and the chocolate one I love with half a frozen banana and then a little bit of hersherys cocoa powder...YUMMY, I also add a teaspoon of peanut butter sometimes, GET CREATIVE, & get the protein you need.

They are not high in calories.
  • heidi19961
    Options
    I enjoy the Isopure whey protein shakes (not juices). Gnc has it & it's recommended for pre & post weight loss surgery. I use it with Hood calorie/carb countdown milk in the green/white carton. Very few cals, fat, carbs & sugar. The shakes are 50g of protein per serving & only 3 carbs. I have one for bfast around 8:30 & feel full til lunch. It also mixes great without a blender too!
  • Cissy92
    Cissy92 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    jillian micheals protein shake is VERY good....vanilla is tha best....I use it as a smoothie in tha morning.....its one scoop an only 100 calories...havent tried chocolate yet
  • AmenoKaji
    AmenoKaji Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Price Per serving:
    Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    Higher Power

They both have good taste, somewhat light however. each one of the 5lb tubs are 70 servings + of 24grams of protein per scoop if ir emember correctly.

Best tasting (feel like its a cheat shake)- typically around 25-30servings per container but they're higher priced than the others
    BSN Syntha 6
    Gaspari's Myofusion-

I usually shop for those on bodybuilding dot com

Protein shakes with extra benefits-
    Vectron Is only sold by prosource i think, have noticed better fat loss while using this shake inbetween meals.

Super Meal replacement shake-
    Shakeology

As an Independent beachbody coach, you know this shake has to comme up. its not super high on protein (17grams, better than most protein shakes) but is bringing a extreme amount of benefits.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I've only tried Proteins + Vegan Proteins.

Does anyone know of any other non animal based protein powders?

I've started resistance training along with cardio and I've upped my protein intake.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Hands down BSN Syntha 6. If you miss your Reeses you will love the choc/peanut butter flavored Syntha-6.