Tired when done with exercise

Options
People say; I have all this energy since I started to exercise. I don’t, never have. I could go to bed & sleep for
a long time after exercise. Anyone else like me?

I do have a lot more energy. I did weigh 310 Lbs.

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think I am the opposite. I L-O-V-E to sleep but lately I can't.
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    Immediately After Exercise I Am Completely Sleepy. I Even Took A Nap Today After Working Out But In Genereal I Have More Energy
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have you had your blood pressure and blood sugar checked recently?
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I workout really early in the morning because it gives me tons of energy throughout the day, but it also helps me sleep alot better at night.
  • Troutman
    Troutman Posts: 28
    Options
    Shannon, Why would you say - Have you had your blood pressure and blood sugar checked recently?
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm tired, but not nap-worthy. And when I do try to take a nap my body tells me to get up and go do something (shut up body!!!).

I have noticed my entire body has hurt the last month since starting on MFP, it feels like the flu minus the sick grrr
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Shannon, Why would you say - Have you had your blood pressure and blood sugar checked recently?

Sorry so late. I lost track of this thread.

I ask about blood pressure because I've had high blood pressure for a long, long time. After being on MFP for almost 2 months, my blood pressure has improved greatly. I've stopped taking one of my bp meds because I was getting light headed and a little tired during the day. Blood pressure drops in response to exercise. That one's a long shot, but it's easy to check. if you have high bp, it may be coming down and adjustments may need to be made.

I asked about the blood sugar because I am diabetic. Type 2. When my blood sugar was up, especially before I was diagnosed, all I did was sleep. Like ALL the time. Once I was diagnosed and medicated, I got a little better, but I still slept a lot. I'm still on meds for that, but my blood sugar readings are perfect now and I'm not tired anymore. Again, it's a long shot, but if your blood sugar is up, it needs to be addressed properly. It's a viable explanation for tiredness. ( I did not have the classic signs of excessive thirst, excessive urination, or unexplained weight loss. The only symptom I had was excessive tiredness that was more like constant exhaustion.)
  • SBecken87
    Options
    I get extrememly tired if I workout in the morning! Like so tired I cant function lol so I workout at night. About 7pm then it gives me energy until about 12 then I'm finally ready for bed, sleep great, and wake-up refreshed!! I also read or watch a movie after a workout to get my body to come down off the high so I can go to bed at a decent time.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I do feel really sleepy after a hard workout. I usually have a nice post workout snack (usually a peanut butter and jelly english muffin) and then I feel fine.
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    I feel sleepy after I work out too. Generally a shower and some food helps perk me up.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    i am always tired after I work out. Nothing helps except sleep. I have just learn to live with it.. I cant lose weight without working out!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I usually feel very calm and relaxed when I am done exercising. I feel I have more energy when I wake up in the morning because of the exercising

100892.png
  • dcturcotte
    Options
    When your done your workout is typically when you want to eat your biggest most balanced meal of the day. Get a lot of complex carbs and protein, the complex carbs will replenish your energy without spiking your blood sugar and making you even more tired. The protein will feed your muscles. This helps me stay lively after a workout.