Need for ideas for calories

6Janelle13
6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone! I'm pretty new here but have been enjoying the journey and the results i'm seeing and feeling. My problem is that I am watching Calories @1200, carbs, fat, proteins, sodium and sugar. To keep it all in balance I'm finding it hard to eat anything near my 1200 calories. tonight i had a beer just to add calories and i did NOT want to drink during my weight loss journey. I want calories with out sugars and since i'm doing whole wheats i am getting up there in proteins. any suggestions?
Thank y'all for the help

Replies

• jenialynn
    jenialynn Posts: 14 Member
    Did i read you right that you are finding it hard to meet 1200 calories a day? This is the minimum you should be eating, and it shouldn't be that hard to meet. Are you eating breakfast? How are you not making your calories?
  • 6Janelle13
    I'm eating breakfast lunch and dinner along with many snacks through out the day. I'm eating a lot of fruits and veggies and dairy but still not getting close to my daily 1200
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    what happens if u dont meet ur cal's i dont meet mine either im just scared to over eat
  • I struggle with this sometimes too. I like to add some crackers, yogurt, or even trail mix. It all helps to add a few cals but still be a great snack!
  • 6Janelle13
    what happens if u dont meet ur cal's i dont meet mine either im just scared to over eat

to drop weight your body needs fuel to function, if you goo too long eating less then the recommended amounts you could trigger your body to slow weight loss out of fear of starvation. my problem is by watching what i am watching i'm going over in single catagories while still not meeting the daily goal
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Honestly, I was finding it hard to meet 1200 calories as well because my dinners would be all veggie and only 200 calories. So, with meals like that all day, I was eating SOOO much but only at around 800-900 calories.

BUT, I lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks because of that. So....pick your battles wisely. If I were you, eat everything in sight that is low calorie, so you keep up your metabolism, and watch the weight FALL off because you are so low on your calories.

Unfortunately, I'm plateaued for the past few weeks because I'm between jobs, so I sit at the pool or my couch 24/7, and I have been eating pizza and other horrible things.

My new job starts Monday. I'm looking to lose the next 20 lbs just as fast, and I'm adding exercise in to burn off some of those calories I do eat!

GOOD LUCK
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    I looked at your diary for a couple of days. Could you add in almonds or avacados????? Good fats and good for you!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    I looked at your diary for a couple of days. Could you add in almonds or avacados????? Good fats and good for you!

A piece of peanut butter bread would be loads of calories too. Peanut butter and anything....celery...an apple. I have apples and peanut butter for breakfast.
  • 6Janelle13
    Thank you guys for the ideas. I'm still tweaking the diet to find the best options for me. I am totally full but i want it to be a healthy weight loss that I can sustain. I need to go buy some peanut butter for sure and I <3 avocados so those are two great ideas!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm pretty new here but have been enjoying the journey and the results i'm seeing and feeling. My problem is that I am watching Calories @1200, carbs, fat, proteins, sodium and sugar. To keep it all in balance I'm finding it hard to eat anything near my 1200 calories. tonight i had a beer just to add calories and i did NOT want to drink during my weight loss journey. I want calories with out sugars and since i'm doing whole wheats i am getting up there in proteins. any suggestions?
    Thank y'all for the help

Breakfast you could add any or all of - 1C skim Milk 86cal, Whole Grain English muffin with 1Tbls. Peanut butter -200cal
    Lunch you could add any or all of - 1/4 avocado 87cal, 2Tlbs of nuts- 50cals 2tbls of raisins-65cals
    Dinner you could add any or all of - skim milk mozzarella 80cals per oz, I'm from the midwest so I can put cheese on water. Hee Hee
    Good luck!! I hope you make your goals.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Hi Nelly,
    My advice would be to adjust what your diet diary moniters to include vitamon C, iron and calcium. As a nurse in training you know how important these are to a womans health. If you concentrate on gettin 100% of the recommended amounts of these nutrients I guarentee that you will be able to eat all your calories. It is hard to reach 100% with only 1200 calories, and it makes you focus on foods that are have the most nutrients for their calories. Try it, as it is a very educational and beneficial exercise. Have fun.
This discussion has been closed.