Trying to lose the weight

Options
Ahzuri
Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
Hello my name is Felicia and I have been trying to lose weight for the last year and a half to two years now. I started off at around 300lbs and lost about 50lbs in a 6 month period with healthy eating and exercise. I then found out I was pregnant, I unfortunately did not watch my diet or exercise much at all during that 9 months so I gained it all back. I am still trying to get back into working out every day for 30minutes but its hard with a 10 month old crawling around! I still have 10lbs of my original baby weight left, I keep yo-yoing with it because I lose motivation about every other week it seems. I really really want to do this so I joined this site, I think that being able to log what I consume during the day will help me immensely. i know I really should count calories but its not something I have done in the past.

I have never been happy with being overweight and I am thankful for my friends and husband pushing me to become healthier but this isn't just for me. It is also for my daughter, I want to be an example to her. I am hoping to be to a normal weight before she can ever really remember me being so over weight.

My first goal is 180lbs and after that I'm not sure where I will go. I think for my height (5'3") my ideal weight is around 120lbs I however think I would look very odd there and would like to stay at the later half of my healthy weight range.

Replies

• psarah
    psarah Posts: 84
    Options
    Well you have come to the right place..we are all in the same boat. Welcome and take one day at a time. Follow your calories and try to at least walk, to get exercise.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You can do it sweetie!!!!! Just take it one day at a time. I promise you will love this site!

Add me as a friend if you want!:flowerforyou:
  • megolego85
    Options
    I am 5'3" as well and thing I might look a little sick looking if I were 120 but the actually Healthy range is 107-141. That is considered healthy. So My goal is to be in the 130s. Good Luck. And don't give up.
  • Ahzuri
    Options
    Well you have come to the right place..we are all in the same boat. Welcome and take one day at a time. Follow your calories and try to at least walk, to get exercise.

Yup defiantly gotta step up on the exercise if I wanna get anywhere :)
  • Ahzuri
    Options
    You can do it sweetie!!!!! Just take it one day at a time. I promise you will love this site!
    Add me as a friend if you want!

Thank you and I think I will! :)
  • Ahzuri
    Options
    I am 5'3" as well and thing I might look a little sick looking if I were 120 but the actually Healthy range is 107-141. That is considered healthy. So My goal is to be in the 130s. Good Luck. And don't give up.

Same here I think I'd look sickly as well. I'm probably going to aim to be around 140 though I am not adverse to be a little above(150-160) as I know muscle is heavier than fat.
    [/quote]