LOW FAT, NO SUGAR ADDED Banana Bread

Options
LOW FAT, NO SUGAR ADDED Banana Bread

Yesterday I really wanted to eat Banana Bread but I did not want any extra unnecessary calories added to my diet so I did some research and looked up a lot of recipes online, I saw the weight watchers recipes and other low calorie recipes.

I still was not satisfied so I decided to come up with my own recipe.

No sugar added, no butter, no oil and it was amazing for what it was and healthy. I decided not to use any sugar because Bananas are naturally sweet. A 7-8 inch banana has at least 17g of sugar each. I let the natural sugars from the fruit do the seasonings. I did not add any butter or oil, I let the natural healthy fat from the 1 tbsp of Almond butter take care of that.

Here is the recipes for a serving of 6 servings/6 muffins.

1) Nature’s Path Organic Instant Oatmeal Original— 0.5 of a 1 packet serving=95 calories

2) Nuts to You Nut Butter (Almond Butter Smooth)—-1 tbsp =100 calories

3) Omega 3 eggs (1 egg) = 70 calories

4) Banana whole (2 bananas) (7-8”) =210 calories

5) White all purpose flour (1/4 cup) =110 calories

6) a dash of cinnamon=0 calories

7) a dash of cayenne pepper= 0 calories

8) 1/4 tsp sea salt= 0 calories

9) 1/2 tsp baking powder =0 calories

I just mixed everything together at the same time. Cooking should be easy, lol :)

I did not blend or use a cake mixer. I just used a dinner fork to mix everything up well and nicely, as I wanted a thick consistency. I set the oven to 300 and let it bake slowly. as it was rising, I slowly increased the temperature for a more browning effect as you see in the after photos.

Total Calories = 585 calories for a batch of 6 servings

Each Muffin/serving=97.5 calories,

WOW and it was amazing for what it was. (PS: I am trying post a photo of the before and after results but I am not sure how to do it on here)

xxNaana

http://naanayankey.tumblr.com/ - - - to see PHOTOS

Replies