Plateau and Menopause

Options
Hello MFP,

I don't know if anyone out there has gone through this or is going through this but I am looking for any advise from anyone. I am 48 female, 5 tall, weighting in between 145 to 147 these days, depending on what my crazy scale wants to say that day. I recently entered into the lovely stages of Menopause. The last time I recorded a weight change on MFP was in May, since then I have been on this yo-yo, with lose a pound gain 2, lose 2 gain 1. I normally work out Monday to Friday, resting on weekends. My diary is open so you can view what I eat which I do have to say is very routine. At first my weight loss was going very well, but I think once the menopause came into play it all stopped. I try very hard not to go by the number only and go by the way my clothing fits which I have dropped from a size 12 to a 6 sometimes a 4 (woohoo). My goal weight is 130lbs, I am just getting so frustrated trying to get there. Busting my butt without all the results. I know I have to change something I just don't know what else I can do or how much more I can work out. If I am getting my TDEE wrong, I do have problems with that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Living thru this. Just restarted on MFP. I looked at your diary. The only suggestion I have is to get closer to your protein number. it is very low for the days I looked at. It has always made a difference in my weight loss.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat with you, swimming against the current, sort of speak, one thing we are not doing @ this time in our lives is gaining weight. With that said, we are winning, the exercise, healthy life style are all making menopause bearable, easier and the best thing we can do for our bodies. Im at my goal weight now and on maintenance but still eating at a deficit to lose a few more lb.'s. I have not lost a anything since June 2 i but knowing what i know about menopause and weight gain, I'm still going to work out and eat at a deficit, and hope that something gives. Its frustrating yes but i know I am stronger and will overcome this plateau/menopause state.
  • Ekboriqua
    Ekboriqua Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladies for your response,

I will continue to work workout, I went back a few days an noticed my protein numbers are very low. I will try this increase this and see if this makes a difference.
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Right there with you on this completely frustrating cycle....Up two, down one, up three, down four, up down up down up down....ugh! What a nightmare!!! And I have a husband who is dropping weight like crazy!
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Me too with the yo-yoing but in the long run, the weight is coming off. It has taken me 4 years to go from 190 to 137ish (with a few bumps along the way) but the end result is that I haven't been this slim since my 20s and I will be 55 in a few days. I look at this as a long term thing and know that I will get to my second goal of 135 eventually. Then maybe I will be looking at 130....