Fell off clean eating and now feel off

Options
Ok, I have been eating pretty clean for a while now. We went to a party over the weekend. I had too much homemade snack mix (which is basically chips/snack mix covered in oil and dry ranch dressing mix). I felt HORRIBLE a few hours later. My insides are all out if you get my drift. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Replies

• corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I haven't. Maybe this is because I've never pulled back on the stick hard enough to get that kind of backlash, maybe not. Was there alcohol and/or caffeine involved? In smaller amounts they can make any queasiness worse and enough of either will turn things inside out without any extra help.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's not a stomach bug or something? It's hard for me to believe some snack mix could make you so ill, although I don't know how much you ate either.

I have to admit, this question tends to work my nerves as it sounds a bit like a humble brag of "I eat SO WELL that my system can't tolerate crap anymore." Not saying it's not possible, just that I wish I had a dime for every time I heard it. And despite eating pretty clean, I can go out and have a beer and fries, or pizza, without hurting the next day other than some extra water weight.
  • bserwack
    bserwack Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have!! I usually try to eat really clean and healthy, and when I go off track it makes me feel really crappy. I wonder if that is how I always used to feel and I just notice it now because I realize how great I can feel... My system just doesn't handle that stuff very well.
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    Umm yes this has definitely happened to me! The few times I have saved up a deficit and gorged myself on oily, fatty foods I feel horrible afterwards. Now that I am so in tune with my digestion it is even easier to tell.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Yep. I can't eat a lot of foods now without feeling like crap afterwards. I had this fried green beans things at the ren faire yesterday and man did they upset my stomach.

All I can say is thank goodness I can still handle beer.. LOL
  • PcShed
    PcShed Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, this happens to me now when I eat too many carbs coming off from a 42g carbs per day macros. Drink plenty of water with a bit of liquid amino acids and you will be fine on the day.
    Cheers
    Sergio
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Ranch most likely has MSG in it. If you have been eating healthy, your body is not used to that kind of and amount of fat. It is telling you not to do that again, lol. I felt ill after eating a small serving of Cheetos, but it went away quickly since I didn't keep eating them. I found that a good thing to do is to eat slowly and listen to what your body is telling you.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've experienced that! Just get back on the clean eating wagon, and you'll be better again in a day or two.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Bleh! I feel that too, but it goes away after a few days. Hope you feel better!
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You either eat way better than I do (which is entirely possible - my diet is far from flawless!) or you had a ton of Chex mix. I have had that yucky feeling before, but it was after eating 3 slices of cheesy, buttery-crusted, delicious deep dish pizza. I should have stopped at 1 or 2 slices!
  • katy_ziats
    katy_ziats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    YES!

My boyfriend's is a super clean eater and what not, so when we started dating I got into his whole habits and was eating super super clean and was feeling so great! I was eating clean for about 2 whole months

Then when I went back to school, I fell off and ate some really bad things. I felt so sick and still even the thought of fast food makes me sick...

So youa re not alone:smile:
  • ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I havent felt sick yet, but did try some of the "old" foods that I used to eat, this weekend. I tried dairy milk in a dessert and my stomach definitely told me about it! And I ate some spaghetti and just felt bloated! I am happy to go back to my clean eating today! Sneaking in something processed once in a while won't hurt me but why torture myself...
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Happens to me a lot. When I'm eating clean for awhile overprocessed foods make me feel like crap. Once when I visited my parents, there was no food in the house that I'd eat. I was so hungry so I took a couple bits of Pizza Hut pizza they had out of desperation. Within the hour my tummy was screaming in anger.

It's the smell of fast food too. I live in Manhattan so I don't see McDonald's, Burger Kinds, etc much, but the other day a woman got in the elevator with a bag of the stuff. The smell made me nauseous since I haven't touched the stuff in almost 4 years.
  • smather0315
    smather0315 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    N
  • smather0315
    smather0315 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not like that at all. I will be the first to admit that I am an 80/20 (clean/unclean). I just wondered if that could have been what had me in the bathroom half the evening.
    Thanks all!