NSV - 6 months progress pic/40+woman

Options
Melissa11412
Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
Started 1/1/13. I did weigh myself, started at 185 lbs. (i'm 5'6" and 48 years old) and wearing a size 14/16. The pic with the pink shirt was taken 4 days ago. I don't know what I weigh, but i'm now wearing size 10 pants and a S/M top. My daily calorie intake is about 1700 and I have a full on cheat/relax day every Sunday.

I lift heavy 3x a week (currently doing a 5x5 routine) and run 10/15 miles per week. I don't really have any set goals at this time, just looking to keep it moving. I'm going to finish up this 5x5 plan in a few weeks then find something else to do. I still have issues with sleeping and hot flashes, but I believe that the exercise and 80% "clean" diet has helped with the transition significantly.

I was also "interviewed" as my job is going to publish an article about me and why I started training, what it's done for me, etc. I'm learning that as I get older how important health is. I'm grateful i'm on no meds and want to do whatever I can to keep it that way or at least minimize it when the time comes. Good luck to all and if you have some before/during/after pics post 'em (I love the Success Stories section LOL)

(sorry if image is too big i don't know how to resize)

2ntfewm.jpg

ooops i have to post the June pic.....brb

ff7ihc.jpg

Replies

• amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Whoa, what a huge difference! Your hard work really shows.
  • irishscootz
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • mrsmark2010
    mrsmark2010 Posts: 220
    Options
    Great results. Love the guns!! 40+ women ROCK!!
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!
    You look amazing :wink:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    woo hoo you look fantastic!
  • virginia65us
    virginia65us Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I can't believe the difference in your waist.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look awesome!!
  • ginlyn39
    ginlyn39 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Love those guns and hoping to have some similar some day!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am over 50 and this gives me hope. You look fantastic!!!!! Thanks for sharing your progress.

Hugs
    Bev
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!