Motivation for the Mission: Clothing!

Do you have a particular outfit or a trending piece of clothing you would love to wear once you reach your goal weight and size? Share a pic of the piece of clothing that you have been dying to slip into and that is your clothing motivation OR share clothing that you think is hot and may be motivation for someones weight loss mission!!

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I have this blue sequined mini skirt that I used to wear all the time. It's a size 4. I miss it so much! It was just long enough to not be trashy but it was sparkly and fun enough for a night out. I live 2 minutes from the beach and have an awesome turquoise leopard print bikini, but don't go because I don't feel confident. There will be a day very soon where I will spend all day on the beach in my bikini and all night in my sequined skirt!
  • orankin91
    orankin91 Posts: 5
    That sounds like a super cute outfit! I believe you'll make it to that size 4, 2lbs is a god start! Speaking of bathing suits what do you think of this one??

Free-Shipping-Region-Bandage-HL-Swimsuit-Paris-Beachwear-Swimwear-Bikini-black-HL237.jpg
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Love the suit! I have a pencil skirt that I'm itching to get back into by august. :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    That sounds like a super cute outfit! I believe you'll make it to that size 4, 2lbs is a god start! Speaking of bathing suits what do you think of this one??

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/553308518/Free-Shipping-Region-Bandage-HL-Swimsuit-Paris-Beachwear-Swimwear-Bikini-black-HL237.jpg

I love that! VERY Sophia Loren. With a big floppy hat, a straw beach bag, and some big sunglasses! It's that sultry kind of sexy. That's the kind of suit a woman in charge wears!
  • orankin91
    Cool! Pencil skirts are a timeless piece and it should be a pretty easy goal to reach (depending on the fabric LOL)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Not hot, but motivating for me... I have two complete Brooks Brothers suits that I bought 6-7 years ago. Soft, smooth, lightweight gorgeous wool gabardine, timeless cuts, very expensive (in my world, at least!), and tailored just for me. They were "too good to wear," so I hardly ever wore them at all... and then they didn't fit anymore. I gave away a lot of my clothes from that time, but I couldn't bear to part with the Brooks Brothers, so I put it all in a box on a shelf in the closet. Now all of it fits... the pants, the skirts, the jackets... well, sort of. I need to go get the pants taken in a bit. And... I'm ok with that. :glasses:

I also have a "little black dress" that hasn't seen daylight in 10-12 years and is just barely starting to fit again. Another half inch or so off the hips/thighs, and it will be perfect. That's my new target. Hopefully by the time it fits just right, I'll have added a little more muscle to my legs. :happy:

That swimsuit... wow... I can't touch that. I keep thinking of the tan lines! But it is very nice looking.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Today I actually packed a box of clothes that I don't plan on wearing again until I lose weight. A lot of them are new and some were old clothes that I bought with the intent of wearing once I reached my goal weight. Among them are a few band shirts, a leather vest, a waistcoat, a pair of black knit pants, and a very cute salmon and black lace shirt!
  • orankin91
    I agree suits can be very motivation especially a suit of higher quality, because most higher quality suits don't have a lot of stretch material! You have to actually be the size on the tag to get the zipper up LOL :laugh:

I'm a TONED plus size girl and i love having curves! Right now I'm targeting my stomach specifically because I would love to be able to slip on a high waisted pencil skirt like this --> 12-Color-2013-Fashion-style-Candy-Color-Vintage-Elastic-Slim-Medium-long-High-Waist-Skirt-Pencil.jpg

..without having to put on any restricting undergarments for my tummy area
  • ashmarie138
    ashmarie138 Posts: 5 Member
    I can't wait to fit into boots and blouses. My calves are too big right now for boots and my stomach too big for blouses. That's my goal for this fall. Long ways to go...
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    I want to be able to fit into designer denim like True Religions, 7FAM, J Brand, etc.

I also want to look good in some retro looking clothing like dresses, shirts, pants, etc.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    So I'm down 86 pounds so far and I have been hit with the shopping bug HARD!!!

Here are my two favorite moments though:

Short Pencil Skirt worn with shirt TUCKED IN!! WOO HOO!! :drinker: Never imagined myself wearing my shirt tucked in EVER! lol

And NEW SHORTS for SUMMER!! I didn't have ANY, so I bought three pairs! lol

30ry80x.jpg

Shopaholics UNITE!! :flowerforyou:
  • orankin91
    =D> Wow! Keep it up, looking good!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    BUT to answer your original question...THIGH HIGH BOOTS!!! *SWOOOOOOON*

Kim+Kardashian+Shoulder+Bags+Leather+Shoulder+xR3iS8zEqQel.jpg

6a00d83452747269e20120a8cc1f46970b-500wi
  • kandyice1
    kandyice1 Posts: 48 Member
    I have a few pencil skirts that I got recently that I want to get into by the end of the summer. They're transition pieces, but I'll be happy to wear them when I can get into them comfortably.
  • nkoconnell
    nkoconnell Posts: 34
    Chloe jeans I bought at goodwill. They retail for like $600 and I paid $3. Ridiculously tiny European size, but not so much that I couldn't ever do it....