Fairly new to MFP

Options
Kaceigh
Kaceigh Posts: 3 Member
About a month ago my doctor told me my cholesterol was still quite high and she wanted me to try taking presciption meds. I begged her to let me work on it. I saw a nutritionist and she helped me work on my goals: calories, fiber, cholesterol, and saturated fat. But I don't know about mono and poly fats, or any of the other percentages. She suggested 1550 calories and in the last month I've only gotten to 1400 + three times. That's a lot of calories for someone who did good to eat 800 or 900. Since I'm watching the cholesterol, I'm chosing foods with low mgs of cholesterol. I also find it hard to find meat to eat since I eat out all of the time. I thought chicken was good for you but come to find out even grilled chicken is high in cholesterol. Any suggestions on what would be a good option? As for exercise, I was walking 2-3 miles a day / 3 days a week until the monsoon hit us, now by the time I get home its raining so if I get a walk in it might be one mile. Any suggestions there?
Thanks for any help in advance :smile:

Replies

• lindacoombs1
    Options
    Have you thought about finding a good workout you enjoy doing inside, like hip hop abs or something like that? I work out with dvds, just done insanity and now about to start focus t25
  • lindacoombs1
    Options
    oh I am from NC too I seen that you were :D
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

I go to the Ymca and walk inside as we just moved to Missouri from Arizona and it gets hot and humid.
    Also you might want to try some exercise DVDS

You can add me as a friend. I have lost 15 pounds in 2 months mainly just by logging everything in my diary.
    I have some health problems so cannot walk very far at one time.
  • Kaceigh
    Kaceigh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No I haven't. I don't have a dvd player but I have a laptop, I should try that or Zumba. Can you suggest some good DVD's?