NSV - I beat the binge!

Options
So I had a shocker of an afternoon yesterday - issues with my ex arose, and my stress levels soared, and it really is very clear to me now that the 18kg I've gained in the last two years can be attributed to the stress surrounding that relationship.

Anyway, what Old Me would have done was gone to the supermarket and loaded up on chips, chocolate, lollies, cheese, biscuits - you name it - and gone home and wallowed around eating junk, probably the whole lot of it, feeling very sorry for myself and hating myself every bite of the way.

Now, I couldn't avoid the supermarket. I needed groceries badly. But I made it around without buying any of that old rubbish!!!. The chocolate bars at the register nearly did me in - they were half price, which totally appealed to the tightarse in me. My hand was shaking and I held my breath as I reached for the button on the self-serve checkout that says "pay now" - it was soooooo close to the chocolate bar, and the slightest movement could have resulted in the chocolate bar being in my hand. But once I pressed "pay now" I was okay, and started to breathe normally again.

I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!! I don't know how I did it, and I'd like to able to repeat it in the future, but for now I'm basking in the small victory :):):)

Replies

• charlenequinn94
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just binged(work related stress)!! Reading this motivates me to really not give in to it next time. Thank you for posting this!! You did great by beating the binge, I know it can be hard sometimes.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!
    It's soo hard to pass up the good stuff especially at stressful times.
    Today I was called in to work unexpectedly, and was unable to fix a proper breakfast. All the way to work I thought about the donut shop near my job. The bacon, sausage, cheese, and egg crossant was calling my name, along with the chocolate covered cake donut. My old regular breakfast. Instead I speed up almost cut off another car changing lanes some couldn't turn into the donut shop parking lot. Had a meal replacement 190 calorie shake instead.

Temptation is a beast!
  • BeautifulByChoice
    Options
    Thats awesome(: Keep up the awesome work! It's those little things that make the most difference!
  • slimdownsteph
    slimdownsteph Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ahh those are the BEST! Congrats, love!
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    :happy: I love the way you told that story.. it was entertaining and victorious all at the same time.. congrats!!! :drinker:
    i relate on many levels!!!

add me if you like..
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I know how hard that can be - congrats!! You totally rock!
  • healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    two thumbs way way up!! :)
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support, guys :)

And if I can beat it, so you can you all!
  • PrettyGirI
    PrettyGirI Posts: 10
    Options
    You go girl!
  • vanessalillian82
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!
    It's soo hard to pass up the good stuff especially at stressful times.
    Today I was called in to work unexpectedly, and was unable to fix a proper breakfast. All the way to work I thought about the donut shop near my job. The bacon, sausage, cheese, and egg crossant was calling my name, along with the chocolate covered cake donut. My old regular breakfast. Instead I speed up almost cut off another car changing lanes some couldn't turn into the donut shop parking lot. Had a meal replacement 190 calorie shake instead.

Temptation is a beast!

That is an awesome achievement. You should be really proud of yourself :)
  • vanessalillian82
    Options
    I just binged(work related stress)!! Reading this motivates me to really not give in to it next time. Thank you for posting this!! You did great by beating the binge, I know it can be hard sometimes.

I'm glad I motivated you :) Good luck beating it next time!
  • vanessalillian82
    Options
    :happy: I love the way you told that story.. it was entertaining and victorious all at the same time.. congrats!!! :drinker:
    i relate on many levels!!!

add me if you like..

Oh, boy oh boy was I victorious! Glad I was also entertaining - I like to write :)
  • vanessalillian82
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work.

• vanessalillian82
    Options
    Thats awesome(: Keep up the awesome work! It's those little things that make the most difference!

I'll try! Actually, now my aim is to stitch together a bunch of little things to make a whole pile of awesome :)
  • vanessalillian82
    Options
    Ahh those are the BEST! Congrats, love!

• vanessalillian82
    Options
    I know how hard that can be - congrats!! You totally rock!

Thank you! I don't know you but I'm sure you also rock! Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • vanessalillian82
    Options
    You go girl!

:):):)
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's awesome.

8488541.png
  • vanessalillian82
    Options
    two thumbs way way up!! :)

I've been thum-upping myself so hard on this that I fear I'm in danger of dislocating them!!! But I can't rest on my laurels - once I repeat this achievement once or twice I'll be more comfortable with my ability to say no :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!