Anyone else drink lemon water daily?

Options
I swear, that stuff is AWESOME. Not only is it yummy (I like sour stuff) but its cheap too! I thought all the health benefits, weight loss benefits and energy benefits were a load of crap but I can see the world of difference and really feel amazing in the AM before my workouts when I drink it! Anyone else a lemon water lover? Just wondering if those who are have noticed any difference as well? I can definitely notice the most difference in my energy levels!

Replies

• jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Good for you to. Will help detoxify the liver. Love it. Keep a lemon in my refrig just for that purpose.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I need to get back to doing it.
  • xheatherwright
    xheatherwright Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really want to start drinking lemon water! Are the weightloss benefits good?
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    It seems to help my stomach...which I would think it being acidic it would not but, it helps and yes, love the taste.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    It seems to help my stomach...which I would think it being acidic it would not but, it helps and yes, love the taste.

I have read that although lemon tastes acidic to us, it is actually very alkaline in our bodies.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Daily lemon water drinker here! :flowerforyou:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    yep, I drink filtered water with fresh lemon slices all day... and love it. I'm a coffeeaholic down to 1-2 cups a day and hardly miss it. I also never realized that water curbs your appetite.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Love lemon water
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I love hot tea with lemon and honey. Yummy!
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    At work all day everyday
  • snoopycool
    snoopycool Posts: 37
    Options
    Getting back to drinking it at least once a day.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of water with lemon in it every morning. I also put in 2T of ground flaxseed meal and gulp it real quick. I do it on faith-- I don't notice any difference in any part of my being.
  • bjoates52
    bjoates52 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I thought I would give this a try, love lemons on some things but never was big on lemon in my water.

Just wondering for 64 oz of water, how many lemons should I add?
  • kte2711
    kte2711 Posts: 26
    Options
    Most days, love it. Super refreshing, I too love the sourness!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I thought I would give this a try, love lemons on some things but never was big on lemon in my water.

Just wondering for 64 oz of water, how many lemons should I add?

Probably depends on whether you're infusing, or squeezing.

I like mine infused in a glass gallon jar, cold from the fridge (1-2 lemons thinly sliced is plenty enough for me). Heavenly when it's hot out, plus the extra vitamin C doesn't hurt. Infused water with frozen berries is something I haven't tried, but hear it's wonderful.

Do it to taste, basically, And if you're infusing, just understand that the longer it infuses, the more intense the flavor gets.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    YES! It's yummy, helps with bloat, and I feel like it helps my digestion.
  • benchenryce
    Options
    lemon water + cucumber
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink soda water with lime/lemon every day, suualy at least 2 litres. I have a soda stream, just fizz my water and add a squeen of juice.

I dont do it for any health reasons, I just like the tatse. Funnily, I like still water plain but don't like it with lemon.
  • VivereDisce
    Options
    I love lemon water, but since it isn't really easy to carry lemons around with me, I've been using True Lemon. I also use True Lime when I need to mix it up. Anyone else try these? It's so handy to be able to throw a handful in my purse and take them along wherever I go! Especially considering the water at my work has a funny taste by itself, and I can't have lemons with me there either.
  • wyotivoli
    wyotivoli Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Drink it daily. Love the flavor and it is supposed to help with my tendency to develop kidney stones. I had one blasted last year that was 12mm. His name was "Calvin"