Self Sabotage

Options
Does anyone self-sabotage themselves?

I found that in the past few weeks I started to eat more junk food after 2 months straight of really strict, clean eating (with one cheat meal a week) and for the last week I just went on a rampage and ate so much ice cream, chocolate and junk food.

I was doing so well and then i self-sabotaged myself.

After eating so much crap, i felt really bad about myself and vowed to stop it with the junk. and now i am back into clean eating.

Anyone else do this as well?

Replies

• HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Been there. Done that. Forgive yourself and move on.

Piling on the guilt afterwards serves no long term purpose.

It's okay to be less than perfect and get back on board. Give yourself a hug for acknowledging it.

Love yourself and do good to yourself. It fools that perfectionist thinking and lets your body be kind to itself.
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one.
    Thanks for that!

Yepp i am letting it go and trying not to be so hard on myself.. :)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I sabotage myself all the time. I'm lonely because I have no one to sabotage me so I just cry on the inside. Like my hair?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Been there. Done that. Forgive yourself and move on.

Piling on the guilt afterwards serves no long term purpose.

It's okay to be less than perfect and get back on board. Give yourself a hug for acknowledging it.

Love yourself and do good to yourself. It fools that perfectionist thinking and lets your body be kind to itself.
    what you've shared is awesome... I needed to hear it for myself as well... I do really well and then crash and start again.

Glad you posted your thoughts OP:happy:
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I get so close to my goal and then I blow it and eat up everything in site. I always give myself cheat meals, I know I can eat anything within moderation so I don't eliminate specific foods, but it seems when I am so close to my goal I blow it and then I have a huge guilt and try to start over. I have repeated this a number of times but this time I know when I am feeling that way and I have been documenting my moods and am trying to recognize it so it won't happen again.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Oh, yeah...sometimes for only a few days - this last time for nearly 3 months. Ooops. It's a journey - sometimes there will be detours. The important thing is that we eventually get back to it and carry on.
  • kte2711
    kte2711 Posts: 26
    Options
    God yeah, often! I am making it my mission to stop doing it though. As long as you recognise whats happening you can stop it but I have been known to put my head in the sand.....
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the deep psychological reasoning behind my self sabotage.. am I "scared" to reach my goal? It seems obvious to do what it takes to reach my goal, but then why do I perform actions that I KNOW will deter my goals?
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yeh exactly right! Seems self-sabotage is a very common thing that happens with all of us losing weight..

I am over my sadness of self-sabotaging now and back to being positive.

WE CAN DO THIS!
  • R55T
    R55T Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do that every month @ PMS time . . . My vice is alcohol (sigh!) still need to get a grip on myself. I will try harder next month.

I guess the important thing is to keep exercising though you may not be eating (or in my case, drinking) healthily to make it easier to get out of the self sabotage stage & bounce back to your cleaning diet.

:drinker: Keep smiling, forgive yourself & move on. But don't ever quit.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You did not "self sabotage" all you did is what you did! You fed your Body old familiar stuff when it became hungry. Really change your eating habits and that stuff will have a true limit when your Body is hungry. If you are mentally and emotionally tired of adhering to your eating plan admit that to yourself and plan a few "treats" but to binge out is going backwards, so why complain or sulk when you step back. If you are going to change, then DO IT!
  • danz01
    danz01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you know why you started to eat the junk food?

I usually get sick and stop doing everything. Thats my self sabotage :(