So...What Can Happen In 2 Weeks?

Options

Replies

• MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! I loved reading your post! It's packed with so much inspiration! Your beautiful smile is contagious!
  • joe_d
    joe_d Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this story and your spirit! Sending all the best to you and your wonderful hubby! Can't wait to hear about your successes when you get your new knees. Blessings to you!!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love the picture of you floating on your back in the pool. Great job!
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I LOVE your smile in that first photo of you in the water. That says it all. Your husband is great to be by your side (even as a nonswimmer) and encouraging you. Kudos to both of you and you'll be getting your knee before you know it, and a new side of yourself.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Love your posts! I had a wonderful aunt that I loved so much. She had the best heart and a gentle spirit. She passed about 10 years ago. She spent much of her life hiding. I wish she could have made the transformation that you are making and learned to care for and appreciate her own body. Whenever I read your posts, I think that somewhere she is rooting you on.
  • niyatipriyam
    Options
    This is so inspirational...i had given up on my dream to lose weight...now, it has picked up again! thanks so much!!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That picture in the pool says it all! I am cheering you on everyday. I am sure you'll reach the Dr. goal in no time at all.
  • hadiolar
    hadiolar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I forgot for a moment that I was reading a blog....I was looking for the next page in the novel! U r beautiful inside out and u radiate so much fulfilment! I am so happy for u r m'aam...Accept my hug!
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Kudos to you and your husband/coach/cheerleader! The two of you are awesome!
  • maundrelle
    maundrelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    SO wonderful to read your post! I am so inspired by you and wish you all the happiness and many, many more swimming sessions : :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I love the picture of you floating on your back in the pool. Great job!

Ed snapped that photo of me, just as I had let the water lift me up for first time. I was suddenly 'as light as a feather'. The freedom that the water gave me and the release from the pain in my knees and legs was immediate. That's why I keep going back to that pool.

It was 110 yesterday, here in Apple Valley; and today was ONLY 108. Just a really hot, high desert day; but I stayed cool. I did my hour of swimming on each one of those scorching days.

I can't begin to explain the strength that I am feeling my arms now. Those first laps of breast stroking took so much effort, but not any more. My arms are so comfort with the steady pull through the water. I know that this is helping my very fat upper arms; but even more surprising is the change to my saggy belly. Oh, it still looked awful; but I know that it is going down...or maybe picking up would better phrase.

Gentleman...Please read no further. :noway:

This is just for my FEMALE friends.

Okay, this may not be appropriate...perhaps, way over the top; but I have been trying to be honest with all of you. So, here goes.

Yesterday...after my shower...for the first time in who knows how long, I could see my pubic area, while standing up in front of the mirror. That may sound ridiculous...gross...or just plain bizarre to some of you. Others may say, "TMI" (too much information); but all I have seen in the mirror for so long was my hanging belly over my thighs. My belly literally covered my pubic area.

So, maybe that is an weird NSV that I shouldn't mention on MFP; but I was happily surprised. That gives me hope that my sagging belly might be tightening up and lifting up. I thought nothing short of a major tummy tuck would ever lift that belly fat. Who knew that swimming could do so much in such a short time? Not me. :happy:
  • ajbltn
    ajbltn Posts: 57
    Options
    Gahhh! This was super cute! You're awesome. :)
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Swimming for Life!!! It is the littlest thing maybe not offensive to me at all what you shared. But it means a lot to you to *see* your body and you have inspired so many of us to really look at ourselves, our bodies, and well, just really look and accept the body as it is now. I hope you give yourself the gift of a tummy tuck when you reach your ideal weight!!! You will have a great reward to work for it. Because of you I am swimming for exercise starting today. I got into the pool awhile ago and moved around and starting swimming the lengths, mostly treading water, not much more than getting from one side and back again until I was in the pool nearly an hour. If you can swim an hour of nonstop swimming, well, I am going to work on that too. So far I swam today nonstop 33 minutes. I know I am on the right track as I am loving it!! I say to myself as I am swimming a length of the pool, *When I swim back, I will be 2*... and so on. I have 66 lengths to swim for 1/2 mile in my pool so I go through my ages...I think about what I was at 4, 6, 8, 10, and so on. I say sweet 16, graduated at 18, married and first baby at 22, back to work 24, second baby at 26, back to work 28, third baby at 30, back to work 32 and so on through the ages. Good luck, keep going!
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That was unbelievably beautiful! Your bravery and accomplishments and willingness to share and ALSO the love apparent in a partner who can't even swim still getting in the pool to cheer you on. We should all be so lucky!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Your post just totally made me cry :sad:

Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why, maybe because I'm 21 and I don't even have the guts to accept my body for what it is, but your story made me cry a little. If you are as happy as you seem, you have something that few people ever get and I hope you cherish that peace with yourself, and are able to share that peace with your loved ones.
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up and a high five.
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE ONE AWESOME "YOUNG LADY!!!" - Thanks so much for sharing YOUR story and inspiring all of us, young, old and in between....we may be moms, sisters, daughters, aunts, cousins, or what have you, but in the end we are all woman and your last post made me laugh out loud and nod in agreement - can't wait till I hit that milestone - LOL.

I walk with my neighbor lady who is 70 years old and has rheumatoid arthritis - we start at 615 am and shoot for 4-5 days a week - I need to start going on her off days myself, but it is not as fun - she is a hoot!!! - we walk 2.5 miles in 30-35 minutes and it is great therapy to walk and talk with someone else about everything and anything - just wanted to say I respect you for your brutal honesty and keep up the fantastic job!!!!

Kudo's to hubby as well - you got a keeper there!!! ;)

HUGS!!!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration and an incredibly beautiful person - thanks so much for sharing your journey and successes with us!
  • sherrcat
    sherrcat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting a NAKED view of your thoughts and feelings. It has obviously touched many of us and It resonated with me on many levels. I just had to reply with a few thoughts back.

Glad that you have given your man the chance to be part of your journey and inspiration too. I has taken me 30 years to finally let go and speak frankly about my continued weightless journey with my husband and what a change it has been. Where I thought that he would not say the right things or make me feel worse, he has helped me be more comfortable with who I am and where I am going. He is my Superman and I appreciate the support and openness daily.

Now as to the knee surgery - I had a total knee replacement 7 weeks ago. It has been a difficult process of recovery but I know that the weight that I have lost so far has helped the recovery process and it will for you. I started the Jillian Michaels 90 day Body Revolution recently to keep me moving in the right direction for me. And now I can. You will LOVE your new knee!

Hugs to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!