Why am I not losing any weight / inches?

Options
2»

Replies

• eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would suggest adding more bulk in the form of high fiber fruits and vegetables to your diet, this will help move things through your system. Looking at the foods you're currently eating, and assuming you eat pre-packaged foods and/or at restaurants often because of convenience, I'll try to stick with those type of things..and pick out the better choices you've made.

For breakfast- stick with those oatmeal packs, they're the healthiest choice out of what you've been eating in the past 2 weeks, and if you add an apple you'll have a good sized meal that should keep you full through lunch.

For lunch- stick with the tuna wrap, the Togo's meal (salad & try for a tomato/clear based soup instead of cream based), the weight watchers (or similar) frozen meals, the sushi meal, the greek salad meal (try and get a whole wheat pita if they have it). Where I'm going with this is towards the options that have the most fresh ingredients...those generally have more fiber and fiber really helps with weight loss (fiber in the form of fresh food, not pills).

For dinner- The spaghetti meal was ok but instead of the garlic bread have a big serving of vegetables - steamed, grilled, or a salad. I'd really recommend trying to cook at home if it's an option (say BBQ-ing chicken/fish/steak) and eating with a big side of veggies. If you can't regularly cook at home, then try to buy those type of meals when you eat out (rather than fast food burgers) and definitely try to increase your vegetable intake, none of your dinners included vegetables.

Snacks - your snacks look ok, I'd try adding again more fresh fruits/veg.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    hope you got my large mesg it just sent
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    DO NOT EAT ANY FOODS THAT CONTAIN THESE

“High Fructose Corn Syrup
    “Bleached or enriched flour” BAD
    “Simple Sugars BAD
    “Partially hydrogenated
    “Watch the salt”
    ( READ YOUR LABLES AND INGREDIENTS)!!!!!!!!!!!

FOODS AND BEVERAGES YOU CAN NOT HAVE!!!!!
    * Sugary Drinks: Kool-Aid, lemonade, juices ect
    * Soft Drinks Regular or Diet
    * Pizza
    * Cakes, Sweets(candy), Doughnuts, Pastries, Cookies, Ice
    Cream, Low Fat Frozen Yogurts
    * Junk Food example: Potato chips, Popcorn,
    * Doritos ect.
    * White Rice
    * White Bread, Crackers, Rolls, Muffins, Bagels
    * Beer or Alcohol
    * Fast Food!!! NO NO NO
    * No Fried Foods Of Any Kind
    * No Frozen Processed Foods example: lean pockets, pizza, frozen dinners, lean cuisine ect.
    NUTRITIONAL GUIDE 1500 CALORIES

Sample meal plan and Idea how we should be eating
    EAT EVERY TO 3 HOURS. YOU MUST EAT APPROXIMATELY THE SAME TIME EVERY DAY. DON’T EAT 2-3 HOURS BEFORE BED!!! CONSITANCY IS THE KEY!!!

Breakfast
    1cup Cooked Oatmeal or Oat bran, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed,1 whole egg, 2 egg white
    ½ cup blueberries(fresh or frozen),
    ****eat within an hour of waking up****

Snack
    Med Apple or 1 large serving of fruit(unpeeled) and 20 Raw Almonds
    Lunch
    1/2 sandwich with
    4oz of meat(turkey,chicken, tuna, ham) (lunch meat is ok with less processing to it)
    1 slices 100% WHOLE GRAIN bread (80-110 cal. A slice) Prefer Ezekiel Bread
    2 servings RAW veggies
    ½ cup low fat cottage cheese or 1 low fat mozzarella string cheese
    12 -16 oz water

Snack
    Yogurt (Greek Preferred) or ( dannon lite & fit or Yoplait Lite!) with ¼ Kashi granola or an organic granola or 1 serving of fruit

Dinner
    6 oz. lean meat ( chicken, fish, pork, beef, turkey ect)
    1-2 servings fresh or frozen steamed veggies( broccoli, green beans, peas, squash ect) NO CORN!!!!!!!
    4 oz Red Skin Potato
    12 -16 oz water

Try and calculate and write everything down to check and total calories…weight and measure everything out!!!!!! KEEP A FOOD LOG
    Do Not eat anything with “High Fructose Corn Syrup”
    “Bleached or enriched flour” BAD
    “Simple Sugars”
    Read YOUR LABLES “Partially hydrogenated
    “Watch the salt”
    These additives could make you feel hungry!!! and allow you to overeat!!! and cause long term health problems!!!!!!!!!!!
    DRINK WATER!!!! VERY IMPORTANT-- GREEN TEA, WHITE TEA IS OK NON SWEETENED
    NO POP!!!! REGULAR OR DIET( they will cause weight gain and not allow you to lose weight) NO Alcohol !!!
    Foods that help control hunger: Raw walnuts, raw peanuts or raw almonds, red peppers, cinnamon. ½ hour before eating meals eat raw…8 walnuts, 10 almonds, 20 peanuts (Only as needed if you feel hungry!)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    What am I doing wrong? I am in my 2nd week. I've gained 4 lbs! And, even gained in inches on my hips! I know I've cheated here and there especially over the weekend but I haven't eaten all my workout calories last week because I knew I was going to eat bad this past weekend. Can someone take a look at my profile? What am I doing wrong? HELP!

I think you said it yourself. In 2 weeks you've cheated here and there and especially over the weekend?? :noway:

Saving your exercise calories doesnt mean you can just binge on them, plus more. You have a post in here on the importance of eating them. Even if you eat half of them, its going to keep your metabolsim running. Not eating them makes your body starve, then when you binge on them, it just thinks 'I'll store that for later'!!

You're eating too much processed food - stores water, too much sodium - stores water and basically, too much? The good news is that the 4lbs should come off again pretty quick (3 -4 days) as it is just water! The bad news is you'll gain it back repeatedly if you keep eating the kinds of food you eat.

I dont know why people come on here and still eat McDonalds as their staple diet. How can you diet on McDonalds??

Sorry hunt,but losing weight is about being consistent and patient with proper nutrition. Sure, we all have bad days, but not several in 2 weeks. Maybe 1 every 2 weeks? Make that a cheat day and stick with a proper diet the rest of the time, then you'll get results :bigsmile:

Goodluck
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses! I will look into my salt intake, make sure I drink more water and start watching my fat intake also.... Start bringing lunches to work more often, and cut back on soda even more so! I've changed a few things on my profile so I can track my intake better. If you want to add me as a friend you can or I'm also on myfitnesspal's facebook page, you can add me on facebook too if it's easier! Just would like more motivation! My boyfriend isn't much help! He isn't over weight but, I can't get him to eat healthier foods on a regular basis! So I am on my own on this one! If you send me a friend request on facebbok though let me know you are from myfitnesspal because I dont add just anyone! http://www.facebook.com/people/Crystal-Reed/1678495515 Thanks! :smile:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Going out to eat and high sodium processed foods are a NO NO!! Try eating more natural foods like fruits and veggies.Up your protein and fiber and drink lots and lots of water.Good Luck!!
  • 2BSuccessful
    Options
    FOODS AND BEVERAGES YOU CAN NOT HAVE!!!!!

Popcorn,
    "Popcorn itself is a nutritious snack choice, containing more fiber than snacks made with refined flour. In the standard three-cup serving (the size of a small mixing bowl), air-popped popcorn contains just 93 calories and less than 1.5 grams of fat." Airpopped popcorn (home poppers are cheap), without added butter or oil or salt, etc, is a HEALTHY SNACK.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I disagree that there are foods that you "can not have". If you adopt a healthy lifestyle (eating well, exercising), then there is no reason you can't enjoy the foods that you love. You just have to account for them. Is it the most nutritious thing you can feed your body, probably not. However, as someone who LOVES sweets and the typical "junk" foods, I know that I will not live my life without them. I'm keeping it real! You shouldn't be punished for living a healthy lifestyle. I'm going to eat well and exercise daily for the rest of my life for 2 reasons: 1) so i can be healthy and 2) so I can eat the treats that I love from time to time and NOT feel guilty about anything!

Truth be told, in the last 8 weeks.... I've eaten a few cupcakes, frozen yogurt, pizza, a couple of hot dogs, Mexican food, sushi (yes, with all the white rice and fried shrimp on the inside, coated with a mayo based sauce!) :tongue: And I've still managed to lose 16lbs so far. Do I eat these things everyday? No! I still watch portions and count those calories.