Looking to add some friends, especially other big guys

Options
grimm1974
grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
I've just gotten back to MFP and I'm looking to rebuild my friend list. I started MFP at 315 or so pounds. I dropped down to 262 before a house fire set me back. All the stress and disruption of my routine caused me to gain 40lbs back. I'm starting fresh again and I would especially like to add some other guys with around 100lbs to lose. I'm a huge diary snooper because I like to get meal ideas from others. Anyway, any new friends would be great.

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    not looking to lose 100 lbs, but i started at 260. Feel free to add if you want
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i am not a guy but love giving support
  • Blackhat98
    Blackhat98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started at 294.
  • unclemikey12
    Options
    Hi, my name is Michael. This is my first time I ever been on any kind of diet. I went to the doctor about 3 weeks ago. And of corse the first thing they do is put you on the scale. Its the only time I ever get on one. I`ve been running about 262 lbs. for a couple of years. I`m 5' 10'' tall, Italian. And love to eat like all Italians do. At age 56 I didn't think much about my weight. My wife always tells me she loves my belly. ( I look about 11 months pregnant). The scale in the office is now digital, it raced up to 289.9. I was floored. I knew I had gained some but, nearly 30 lbs. almost brought me to tears. I knew even before seeing my doctor I had to do something to lose some weight. He`s running some blood tests to see everything is in right balance and gave me this plan to keep track of what I was eating. Told me to keep my calories under 2000 a day. Cut out the starches and red meat. Eat more often during the day of things that are good for you. Like salads, fruits, veggies and lean meats and fish. Which I am not a big fan of. But I`ve been sticking to it. I think one of my biggest problems is, using my belly to push away from the table. I feel if you really want something, You`ll do your best to get it. I`m trying my best. I hope to meet others here who are ready to be their best also. We can all can do it, like I say all the time to all my friends," We got this don't worry".
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    add me. I just hit 50 days in a row. Started at 275lbs on MFP I hit my max weight at 282 last year.
  • garryt1980
    garryt1980 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd love more guys on my friends list since the vast majority of my friends here are female... My top weight was 320lbs and I'm down to 234lbs :)
  • theshrinkingowl
    Options
    Not a guy but I act like a 12-year-old boy sometimes...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hi I started at 333 still have a way to go feel free to add me
  • jdhobson
    jdhobson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Started at 340, now I am at 225. Feel free to add.. that goes for anyone who has posted. More friends means more support, more support means more success. :)
  • jenniferharrisricard
    Options
    I am not a guy but I looking to lose 130 and always here if you need me
  • wwhite72082
    wwhite72082 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The magic number I'm trying to reach is 71 pounds. I'm fairly new to the message board but please feel free to add me. I could always use some more people to to talk to.
  • Hevenerk
    Hevenerk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started at 350 and was down to 250 and am currently about 260. Trying to get back on track to take off the last 30 - 40.
    Anyone can feel free to add me I need all the encouragement i can get.
  • ericthirdrow
    ericthirdrow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want... I'm about 260 now and looking to get to around 200.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello, not a guy but you can add me if you like as it is always nice to have some friends to give you motivation....anyone can add me if they want :smile:
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I started at 314 - now 245. The past year has changed my life in so many ways. Feel free to add me.
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Not a guy but have over 100 lbs to loose. I was 480 (yikes) but was 360.8 when I started MFP. Still have 192 lbs to go but this ole lady will get there. Anyone who offers support and words of encourgament please add. I KNOW I can do it (and so can you!) but support always helps.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Here to check out the "big' guys!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i started about 1 year ago. i had hit 296.

within a month of finding this app i knew it would change my lifestyle

dont look at anything as a diet. diets are meant to end. that was always my first failure. i totally changed how i eat. used to eat fast food 5 times a week, now its been at least 10 months since i had fast food.

my workouts are more focused and my meals much healthier.

currently im around 230.

tomorrow i do a bod pod testing for BF% and tests to determine my BMR etc. i also plan on seeing a nutritionist for even more guidence

i am not going to lie and say its been easy but if you want to make a change....
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Here to check out the "big' guys!

tumblr_m4afv63egG1qcuxfvo1_400.gif
  • ortin19
    ortin19 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've struggled with my weight for most of my life, but usually was able to lose weight once I made the effort. Since I turned 30, though, my weight has continued to go up and I haven't been able to lose it. I started last week over 340. I'm hoping to make it count this time. Add me and let's get it done.