How can I help the arm flab?!

Options
So thankfully, I don't have ALOT of arm flab going on, but unfortunately, it is coming. How can I tone up my arms to avoid all the loose skin that's begining to come with this weight loss?

Thanks for the tips!

Replies

• MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Anything that works the triceps should be good. I like tricep extensions with resistance bands and chair dips. Of course, there is always push-ups.... :bigsmile:
  • hsquared87
    Options
    Heres what I'm doing.

I am doing the hundred push up challange from hundredpushups.com. Its and easy to follow training plan that you do 3 times a week and it only takes under 10 mins to do. Basicly this training plan can take you from being able to do no push ups to one hundred in about 6 weeks.

Its been really helpful I can see and feel my arms toning up!

Also if you have access to a swimming pool swimming really works your arms and sholders .
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the Chalean Extreme DVDs and I can see and feel a difference in my arms after one month. If you're not familiar, the program is both strength and cardio, with strength 3 days a week and cardio 2 days. It's nice having a 30-40 minute dedicated strength workout. There are 3 levels and I've gone from being able to do 2 pushups on my toes to doing all 12 in a set. And while my arms are still a bit flabby, when I flex my muscle, the flab gets pulled in and you can start to see muscle definition. I can't wait to see what they look like in 2 more months.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Thanks for sharing about this site. I joined it today.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Yoga...I have been getting a lot of compliments on my arms lately...and that has never happened to me before...I do yoga once a week...use a medicine ball with some other exercises another day and swim a third day...that is about as much arms as I do but I think the yoga is great as it creates pretty strong arms.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Pushups and "drops" ... I don't know what their called really but when you sit on something similar to a coffee table and put your arms to your sides holding onto the edge of the table- palms inwards then scoot your butt out and drop down. Use your arms to lift your body back into sitting position. Great for triceps!