What am I doing wrong? :(

Options
2»

Replies

• batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    I started a topic 3 days ago with exactly the same title, maybe us non losers or losers then gainers should start a club!!! Let's be friends ladies.
    On 2 occasions in the last 12 weeks my sticker said 10lbs weight loss & now it says 6lbs uuuggghhh! My doctor tells me to stick as close to 1000 calories per day as possible even after exercise!!! Some members have suggested I do not eat enough so last week I ate some of my exercise calories & the scales said I had gained 3.4 lbs!!!
    I am post menopausal & have some health issues so may be they affect my fluctuations but at 21 I suspect much of this is water weight due to monthly cycle ( 10 lbs gain is possible at those times) also remember that muscle retains water after a workout. Check with your doctor to see if water retention is a problem, drink plenty of it to help flush it out & try drinking rosehip tea which is a diuretic, dropping to 1000 calories may also be ok as that is my docs suggestion. Good luck & feel free to add me as a friend. Would love to see the blog of the other lady too but don't know how???
  • stovegirl
    Options
    totally agree with all the other posts! Lots of wise advise. The way you spend your calories is really important. and eating enough which is what they all have said. You can't work your body to death and starve it and expect to lose weight. You've got to trick it in to thinking it isn't starving and that things are ok. THEN, you got to be a bit patient with it as it is all science and sometimes, even at age 21, things can get in the way! PATIENCE and PERSISTANCE is the key to losing your weight. Remember it's a lifestyle NOT a quick fix! Best wishes!
  • johnphays
    Options
    Lots of questions!

What EXACTLY are you doing for workouts, what's your entire weekly schedule?

What EXACTLY are you eating? What's your entire daily eating regimen?

Given that, I can probably help you adjust quite a bit and see better results. Feel free to email me at jimmyolsen@yahoo.com and we can go from there!

John Hays
    Beachbody Coach
  • c2jvintage
    c2jvintage Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Thanks for all your great advice. I put my weight loss goal back at one pound a week and started eating 1500 cals instead of 1200. Guess what?? From 170 on Sunday to 164 today! :)
  • aatul
    aatul Posts: 23
    Options
    i think your scale is messed up ..... it goes up & down from 170 in a jiffy WOW !
    stick to your goal & stay focused. Its the only way forward. CHEERS !