Tuff Mudder?!?!

Options
hey all .. was thinking about adding at end of my journey celabration goal to join in being a tuff mudder! :) has anyone done this? please tell me about it... looks like a blast!!

Replies

• sexymommi
    sexymommi Posts: 52
    Options
    bump
  • sexymommi
    Options
    so no one has heard of this??? .............at all?????????????
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I have heard of it but never tried it. I am not ready YET!! I will be sometime in the future though.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Tough Mudder, or is this a different one? Tough Mudder I heard was insane but awesome....one of these days I would LOVE to do it
  • klight1236
    klight1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've had some of my friends do it and they say its physically exhausting literally after the race they were caked in mud and their clothes were ruined but they looked like they had a lot of fun so i'm signing up to do one. It definitely looks like a blast and some people take it super seriously but most are just there to have fun and will help you on the obstacles and you can always just choose to skip the majority of the obstacles and do it for the running part. But i think its a great idea to end your weight loss journey doing that.
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends who have done a Tough Mudder and it is VERY hard but VERY fun. Get a great team of people together (people who are supportive and work well in a team) and do your best. You can skip obstacles if you are unable to do them and you don't have to run the course. Take it at your own pace and be prepared to get dirty.
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    Definately sounds fun
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I'm training for Tough Mudder next year with a group of Uni friends. I cannot wait!
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've read about Tough Mudder and it looks fun but they lost me at electricity. I can do fire, mud, climby things as best as I can, but I don't do electricity.
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have heard of this and really want to do one but I'm a bit scared! I have a friend who is doing one at the end of this month I think so I'm looking forward to getting her take on it. I may sign up for one next year....
  • rajathwalharris
    Options
    I have friends that have done the tough mudder....I'm doing the Mud Hero in August....it's good for a beginner (like me). I believe Tough Mudder has those electric currents or something like that involved, and that has always put me off on it....but as far as the mud and other tough stuff goes, it sounds like a blast.
    You should google tough mudder and see what's all involved, that would be your best bet. Also, check out Warrior dash....
    Good Luck!
    Raj
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Heard of it, never tried it though, I heard its difficult" :D
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am taking part in the August one (in Scotland) it will be my first and I hope it won't be my last lol - I am not at the peak of my fitness yet - still a work in progress - but it just seems such a life affirming, mad thing to do - I just thought "what the hell" lol it is about the participating, not the best, first over the finish line mentality.

I know I won't be the first to finish, but I am determined to be an "also ran" and use it as a bench mark for future events. I may not manage every obstacle to perfection - but I will give it a good go - and that's what it is all about eh? :)
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

I like the idea of swimming bits included, and obstacles, sure, that sounds fun! But crawling over ice? Under barbed wire?? Through muddy tunnels hardly wider than you gives me claustrophobia thinking of it, I will never be electrocuted if I can possibly help it, and holding your breath underwater when already exhausted sounds like a good way to drown. If this means I am not tough enough, then so be it!!

nope.gif
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Signed up and in training for one in October in the north of England. Cant wait to get my orange headband.

I signed up to give myself a goal to get hit. The day I signed up I stopped smoking and now back into training. There is a tough Mudder group on here too.
  • metalgearpanda
    metalgearpanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My other half is doing this in August this year, he's really excited about it but a bit nervous as he's a big (height wise and also shoulder wise) and he is worried about getting stuck in the tubes. Everything else for him will be fine though lol!

I'm not brave enough to do it, but because its my gym that is running his team, I'm being made to do a lot of the training haha! So I suppose I get fit then get to watch him roll around in the mud and get electrocuted :)
  • sexymommi
    Options
    haha thanks people! im still excited about adding this to my end goal, even though this is the first im hearing of electircution lol scarey!! lol oh well, give it a go ;)
  • metalgearpanda
    metalgearpanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There are two obsticles that I know of that are electric, one is the Electric Eel and the other is the gauntlet at the end, both have cables coming down from a wooden frame, the Electric Eel you have to crawl through army style on your stomach and they choose when to turn on the power so you gotta be quick! and the other one at the end you have to run through! I've seen some amazing pictures from this event on Instagram and Facebook! Well worth a look, quite inspiring too to look at, still not enough for me to do it though haha! The ice bath will be mental! too cold for me! :D (even though for half a year I live in an ice rink almost haha!) x
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have not done it, but I am possibly going to do one in October. My 17 year old daughter is planning on doing one, and wants me to compete with her. I am still trying to convince myself, but I think I will end up doing it ! I think it would be a great way to celebrate progress!