3 weeks till my holiday

Options
Hi i desperatly want to lose weight and tone up before my holiday in 3 weeks! Ill be honest and i have got a history of anorexia which then turned into binge eating as i attempted to recover hence the weight gain, i now want to lose the weight but obviously dont want to be really ill again! I started the diet yesterday and so far so good, i plan to do some exercise as much as i can but find it hard to motivate myself these days...any tips? Support would be appreciated, always nice to chat to others :) x

Replies

• Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    Log in every day, that will keep you motivated and keep track of everything you eat. Good luck. As regards exercise, try and build some into your day so it doesn't seem a chore - walk whenever you can instead of taking the car/bus/train, take the stairs instead of the lift etc. Where are you going on holiday?
  • innersparkle
    Options
    thanks for the support :) Im going to menorca! We have a villa with a pool but im absolutely dreading wearing my bikini, last time i went on holiday i was severely underweight so didnt go in the pool because i was too cold but now im huge compared to them and feel really self concious! IM definately going to try to tone up, ive been for a walk today and been on our exercise trampoline for 10 mins, i tend to get bored after a bit though i have to keep doing something different...quite annoying!
  • innersparkle
    Options
    Have you ever tried diet pills? Ive got some but my parents dont know (they would probably go mad!), so far though i havent noticed much of a difference, i think ive been scammed! Just wondered if you had tried any that work? What have you found to be most effective when loosing weight?
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    What pills are they? To be honest, most over the counter diet pills don't work, and ones from online pharmacies can be dangerous because you don't know what you're buying. Stick with healthy eating and exercise and lose weight in a good way. If you educate yourself to eat properly, over a period of time it will become a habit and you won't ever need a quick fix again.