Calorie Counter, help!

Options
This is my second day keeping a food diary and I am hoping that what is coming out is accurate, some foods/meals don't always show in the calorie counter so you need to get the next best thing, anyone have any tricks or tips? I want my results to be as accurate as possible, thanks! :)

Replies

• rcastillo809
    Options
    That's one of the problems with this system, not totally accurate. But it is quite close, one thing that i found helpul is the section where you log your meal, you may create your own meals. That helps a lot.:flowerforyou:
  • RachelBiancaxx
    RachelBiancaxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you can't find what you're looking for, create your own entry. That's what I do. xx
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    this is an excellent site to get the nutritional info on almost all veggies and fruits http://www.nutritionvalue.org/ then create your own entry
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    1.kitchen Scales, kitchen scales are the best!! Don't try to estimate food portions. Hell measuring cups, spoons etc are a poor estimates. weigh everything.
    2.You usually can find the nutritional/calorie values either on the packaging, the company's website, or if it a unprocessed food such as fruit or veggies you could search for the values on the internet but be sure to cross reference your data on a few different sites to get a realistic value.
    3.check the nutritional values of things in the MFP database as sometimes they are outdated or have been added incorrectly.
    4.If you can't find what you're looking for, create your own entry. That's what I do. xx
    Alas your biggest hurdle will most probably be eating out or at friends. In this situation I can only suggest try being realistic with your estimations.

Good luck
  • maggiemay143
    Options
    if what i am looking for is not there i will create my own entry for the food, using the package that the food was in.