anyone done or doing spartan sprint?

Options
gazrec
gazrec Posts: 38 Member
Anyone done or doing spartan sprint? im doing it 22nd sept. in the uk just looking for tips on training and dieting thanks and feedback off people who have done it. feel free to add me

Replies

• gazrec
    Options
    bump
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I ran one recently and best I can tell you is cardio is your best friend. It's an endurance obstacle course. You'll be running 3 miles and doing a LOT of climbing so it's best to work your upper body strength.

There are tricks to climbing ropes that don't wear out your arms. Youtube it.
    There are also tricks to climb high walls that don't require tons of energy. Youtube it.

You should be fine.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    If you've registered, you should have access to download the book "You'll Know at the Finish Line". It's full of information. I've got my first one in August and a MFP pal just completed her first. She said upper body strength is important. Good luck!
  • gazrec
    Options
    thanks for your feedback appreciate it
  • rickloving
    rickloving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    With all spartan events, you will do burpees....start practicing now. If you need a pass an obstacle, you have to do burpees to get around it. If you fail to complete an obstacle, you will do bupeees...

The stronger you are at them, the better off you will be....
  • gazrec
    Options
    we do loads of burpees at bootcamp so should be ok. cheers
  • rickloving
    rickloving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Try this link and read up on the Spartan life and Sprint event..

www.spartanrace.com/spartan-race-ebook.pdf

Train hard & have fun!

I have a Super Spartan in a couple weeks (Midwest, USA)...
  • gazrec
    Options
    good luck rick hopefully all goes well with this and ill train hard and do super spartan then ill do tough mudder
  • DubyaRJay
    DubyaRJay Posts: 2
    Options
    I have signed up for the Spartan Beast in August and it will be my first Spartan event. I have heard great things about the Spartan races and am really looking forward to it...I heard the penalty for not completing an obstacle was 30 Burpees.
  • gazrec
    Options
    yep 30 burpees, im doin spartan sprint in sept. 22 in the uk.